• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: WTD:Walston Receiver.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SARocketMan

Reaction score
Do people ever sell receivers ?or does this just not happen.

If you've got one your looking to sell please PM or email me so we talk.

Thanks,
Alex

Thanks jcsalem

It looks like just what I want.

I just hope to many people don't bid.

Thanks Alex

For much less money, you can get an amateur radio license and use the BeeLine (www.bigredbee.com) transmitter. I just got a BeeLine with rechargable LiPo battery for $85 and a Yaesu VX-2R radio for $150. I built my own directional antenna from instructions on the BeeLine site for about $12. Another bonus with the BeeLine is that you can program the transmitter to any frequency in the 420-450 Mhz range.

No association with the company - just throwing that out there...

Originally posted by utahrc
For much less money, you can get an amateur radio license and use the BeeLine (www.bigredbee.com) transmitter. I just got a BeeLine with rechargable LiPo battery for $85 and a Yaesu VX-2R radio for $150. I built my own directional antenna from instructions on the BeeLine site for about $12. Another bonus with the BeeLine is that you can program the transmitter to any frequency in the 420-450 Mhz range.

No association with the company - just throwing that out there...

Have you had a chance to use it? I am reading about RF beacon systems, but Walston and Rocket Hunter are too pricey. May be OK for a club.
Thanks,
Osprey

I haven't had it up in a rocket yet, I but got a clear signal 2 miles away from the BeeLine in an urban environment using a small non-directional "rubber duck" style antenna on a handheld radio. I tested the directional antenna about a mile from my home and that worked well also.

We launched a pair of BeeLine transmitters in an N-N two stage flight at XPRS last week. Sustainer topped out at 40,092'. Heard the beacon loud and clear all the way up, and all the way down.

I've got one listed on ROL auctions now, bid now and save!!!

https://tinyurl.com/8vuju

-- Greg

Back