• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: WTB or Trade or maybe FS: 4" Ogive nose

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DynaSoar

Reaction score
I need a 4" sharp pointed 4:1 ogive nose. I have a new cone, but it has a rounded tip. I need the sharp one for a scale model. I'll trade even for a used one, or sweeten the deal and trade the cone and something we decide on for a new one.

Or, if you need one and don't care if it has a rounded tip (see picture at https://rocketryforum.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=135888) I'll sell it for $20 including shipping (or motors in trade) and just buy myself one. I'm not sure, but this one looks like an LOC/Precision cone. It's been flash trimmed, washed, lightly sanded and had most of the seam sanded down, but otherwise is new.

Why don't you just add a wood dowel or somthin' to the tip and sharpen it.

Doesn't sound too difficult to do.

Originally posted by sandman
Why don't you just add a wood dowel or somthin' to the tip and sharpen it.

Doesn't sound too difficult to do.

The tip is real round. It's got a 3/4" hemisphere for a tip where it "should" have 1 1/2" of point. Not an easy place to fit something to, and high impact styrene isn't easy to glue to. It'd take a good bit of careful carving to get it to match without obvious seam. I tried fitting it with a tip from various plastic modroc noses but they don't match the curvature.

Sounds like something for the Sandman to spin a tip for on his trusty lathe.

I have a 4 inch sharp cone from a Public Enemy V2 kit. I don't like it because it is sharp and not scale-looking. I will trade this one for yours if you like.

I will be driving thru the DFW area on 11-22 or 23. Perhaps we could make the trade then.

Let me know.

Lamar

Originally posted by lamart72
I have a 4 inch sharp cone from a Public Enemy V2 kit. I don't like it because it is sharp and not scale-looking. I will trade this one for yours if you like.

I will be driving thru the DFW area on 11-22 or 23. Perhaps we could make the trade then.

Let me know.

Lamar

BINGO. You got it! PM on the way.

Back