• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: What size Sprint kits would you guys want?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you do with a ruined model?

• Dump it

• Try and loose it at a launch

• Accept it

• I'm too smug to admit that I ruined a model

• Dump it

• Try and loose it at a launch

• Accept it

• I'm too smug to admit that I ruined a model

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well, after a lot of consternation put me down for a BT-56/24mm version. The PayPal is in the mail...

My wife is going to kill me. :kill:

I don't suppose you could disguise the box as a plain manila envelope? :D

Well, I haven't made one that size yet but I could!

Lets say for just the boat tail and nose cone only.

$34 plus shipping ($2.50 parcel post, $4 priority mail.)

Them tail cone is the hard part!

$21 This was sort of a "package" deal.

Nose cone alone is $18.

My 24mm Sprint arrived in the mail today...another Sandman work of art. The tail cone is absolutely b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l. :cool:

I'm glad you guys like these!;)

I just made a bunch more and I can make even more! All with DECALS from astronboy.

I have all three sizes Mini (BT-20), regular (BT-50) and large (BT-56)

The SUPER SIZED ones (BT-80H's) are special orders...not stock but they don't take me long to make.

I can even make some odd sizes...BT-60, T-1.88 whatever, I just don't have decals for the "odd" sizes.

email me to [email protected]

Keep those orders coming in!

I thought the poll would help me figure how many of these kits to make but....you guys aren't really cooperating!

I've sold WAY more than you've voted on!

My guess is some of you DIDN'T vote!!!:mad:

OK...but don't pull this no voting crap Tuesday!!

Boy I could think of so many comments to make that would have the hair on backs of the necks of our moderators stand up straight...:D

Originally posted by sandman
I thought the poll would help me figure how many of these kits to make but....you guys aren't really cooperating!

I've sold WAY more than you've voted on!

My guess is some of you DIDN'T vote!!!:mad:

OK...but don't pull this no voting crap Tuesday!!

Boy I could think of so many comments to make that would have the hair on backs of the necks of our moderators stand up straight...:D

Look at it this way Sandman.

Better that you sold more kits than the vote count on your poll vs. only sell a fraction of the kits you made based on your vote count....

After seeing the quality of your kits, I do not think the 2nd scenario will ever happen, but odd things happen everyday....

I have a couple of each left.

The "initial" surge is over so if anyone wants one or more of these let me know.

Otherwise if the interest is finished I can put some on Ebay or ROL auction.

Or should I just save some for you Italian guys...you know...all you gumbas that wanna be called "Mufunsalo":D

I'm Italian so I can say that!;)

Do you have any of the 18mm kits left?

I just launched my 13mm kit yesterday for the first time. Wow that thing zipped on an A10-3T!!! Now I want an 18mm.

lol!..I warned you they were fast! Goes a tad higher and a bit slower on the A3-4 motor.

Sure I have some 18mm powered ones left!

AND some 24mm powered ones too!

I'm temporarely out of the 13mm motor sized and the 29mm sized part sets but I can make more tonight.

BTW...I have a few Paper wrap Saturn 1B's left.

email me. [email protected]

Say...I don't see a any pictures????:confused:

Great launch pic.:rolleyes:

She is fast!

Saw your launch report too. Great pic of the Sat 1B...and other stuff!

You made a comment a few posts back about having Saturn 1b kits. I'd like to get one and a Sprint kit. I've tried emailing you but it keeps kicking back as undeliverable.

This is the email address I'm using.

[email protected]

Can you email me?

[email protected]

Thanks.

Oops! wrong email!

Try this one.

[email protected]

That was a typo on my part...sorry...fat fingers on the keyboard!

I've since edited my original post.

I have one BT-56 sized Sprint left and 3 Saturn 1B's.

I can make more Sprints I have all the parts. I just have to assemble some kits.

They have proven a LOT more popular than i thought they would.

Sandman write: "They have proven a LOT more popular than i thought they would."

Well, nuthin beats the combo of a good, basic, yet interesting design, PLUS high quality sandman craftsmanship!!

I LOVE my BT-56 "Sandman Sprint"

Phred

Phred,

And...where are the pics???:rolleyes:

You can't be lovin' it while it's still in the bag!

Or can you?

BTW...I'm now OUT OF EVERYTHING!!

You guys have absolutely cleaned me out!

I have to make more but, gee, with the holidays and a new scale project and my REAL job...please, be paitient!

WELL.... I have it in primer right now. Honest!!

I was thinking of red/yellow with one yellow fin.

I will post a pic soon!!

PH

Hey Sandman!

I got my three kits today. I'll get right on them. Now I'm inspired to upscale it to a REALLY big Sprint. I have some LOC 5.38" tubing and 4" motor mount that should work nicely. Nice L3 kit I think.

Thanks again for the great kits!

Len Bryan

I've at least got my Big Sprint (BT-56) built and primed. I decided to subsitute the tapered balsa fins that Sandman provided with 3/32" bass wood. I also added a kevlar shock cord attached to the motor mount. I haven't decided on the final paint scheme but I will probably go for the 1970 look.

I'm currently working on a booster stage that will allow the tail cone to remain and have another tailcone on the booster.

Here is a sim for the 24mm version. It sims to 2,800 feet. Now if Estes still made the E15 and it didn't explode...3,400 feet!!

I'm still working on the 18mm BT-50 version.

Gordon,

If you keep going like this I'll have to order boosters for all 3 sprints :D

Paul

This is what I've come up with.

I'm going to try the fit on an unbuilt prototype I have.

I'm concerned about how tightly they join. I don't want the tape holding the motors together to be the only connection.

The red lines are the balsa parts.

Originally posted by sandman
Rocsim consistanly gives me over 2,000 feet!:D

I noticed that the recovery is a streamer. Will the rocket handle a streamer recovery from over 2000 feet?

Back