• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: What size Sprint kits would you guys want?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you do with a ruined model?

• Dump it

• Try and loose it at a launch

• Accept it

• I'm too smug to admit that I ruined a model

• Dump it

• Try and loose it at a launch

• Accept it

• I'm too smug to admit that I ruined a model

Results are only viewable after voting.
Anybody else that wants one of these big Sprints (or even the smaller ones!) remember, I will make more as the requests come in.

It may take an extra day or two but they aren't to bad to do and I do have the technique down on making the tailcones...haven't messed one up in a while now!

This will be a "stock" kit...in my repitoire so to speak.

Knock on balsa!:rolleyes:

A "stock" kit...

Does that mean you have a catalog of somesort?

Prehaps a website?

That would be interesting...

BTW My 56 mm Sprint just arivved today. That tailcone is a thing of beauty.

"The Rocketry Forum" is my website!

Sorry no "catalog.

I do most of this stuff for the members here!

Just email me and ask.

Sounds like a plan. I have a project in mind that needs nosecones...

Ooooh! Look what was waiting for me on my doorstep when I got home from work yesterday!

Sandman,

Give us an update on the 29mm version.....

I just got my 24mm version Friday and started building last night...... What motors are you suggesting for this rocket? D12-5s to start E30 later on?

I would assume D's to start and E's to lose it....unless you launch in the desert.

I guess I can make a few 29mm version if you want.

All I have is some BT-60 but that seems kinda thin for a 29mm model.

What do you guys think about using BT-60 for a 29mm Sprint?

Here is the Roc Sim on the 24mm version.

An F21 wil take it up to 3,100'

Gordon,

Personally, I'd go much bigger for the 29mm version. If a F21 takes the 24mm version up to 3100 feet, that's way too high for my "normal" flying field. I'd probably never get it back.

It would be more expensive, but to me the 29mm would need to be pretty big. Otherwise, with a BT60, you'd be stuck using the smaller engines in the 29mm range. (There are a lot of choices for 29mm motors).

I'd vote for a BT80H (Heavy Wall) 29mm version. Then you could fly it with an E16...all the way up to some G's if you really wanted to ring it out. I've been thinking about building a BT80 sized Sprint for a while. TTW fins would be nice if you decide on a bigger one.

How much do you think that would cost?

Here is the RocSim I did for the 29mm version.

I'm just not happy with the 29mm version...doesn't go as high as I hoped.

I had trouble finding a good "G" motor combination that would work.

An Econojet G35-7 has just too short a delay.

Let be do some more simulations on the design.

A few option are the Aerotech 1.88" tube, the 2.6" heavy walled BT-80 and the 3.0" Big Daddy tube.

Totally Tubular carries all of these tube.

This one works out pretty good!

A G35-7 econojet (readily available too!) takes it to 3,465'...I like that!

The 2.6" version might be better....The G35-7 econojet only takes it to about 2,500'.

This is not that accurate because the heavy walled BT-80 isn't listed in the database...yet. The actual altitude may be a bit lower but that's OK.

She's be a really cool rocket!

For decals maybe just the round "Sprint" shiels on the fin...nice and clean looking!

Email me if anyone wants me to make the parts (nose cone and tail cone) for this one.

A 2.6" version would look really cool with the tapered fins starting at 3/8" thick at the root and tapering to 1/8" at the tip.

I don't think I could cut those on my band saw since they are over 5" at the root and my bandsaw can only cut up to 4" but I know where I can get that done...:rolleyes:

Sandman,

What is your guess on price for the 1.88" and 2.6"? I think I would be more interested in the 2.6"

Hey Gordon,

Can you save these RocSim files in version 5? I just have the "freebie" version, but I'd like to see the files.

Sorry,
John

Rocketmaniac,

I don't think a "kit" of the larger sizes would be practical for me to make. How about just the important stuff?

The major parts only for a 1.88" Sprint would cost anyone $30 a set for just a nose cone and tail cone.

A 2.6" set for the TT-T-80 heavy wall tube would be $38 a set.

You supply the main body tube and motor tube from Totally Tubular.

I only mention Totally tubular because I have easy access to the tube and I want some consistancy in my product. There are a LOT of companies out there that make a 2.6" tube...BUT...!!!

Totally Tubular T-80....2.60" O.D.
Vaughn Bros. BT-2.58...2.684" O.D.
Public Missles PT-2.5...2.56" O.D.
LOC BT-2.56...............2.63" O.D.

See my problem...Otherwise all the parts woukld have to be custom made for each set.

You guys have to understand what is involved in putting together a limited run of 10 or so kits...

Order all the parts
cut all the tubes to length
bag up all the "little parts" (centering rings, launch lugs, shock cords...etc)

It's a LOT of work.

And not to complain 'cause you guys always seem to "clean me out" but sometimes I get a little nervous when 16 people want one of my kits I get parts for 16 kits and you guys only order...5 kits...well like I said...eventually you will clean me out but in the meantime...I have a conciderable investment in time, money and labor tied up.

That's gotta be worth something.

Let me clarify something so you guys don't get the wrong impression...;)

It's not that I don't want to make a 2.6" version...I do!:)

But I don't want to go into "production" of a 2.6" kits. That's just way more work than I want to do.

I will be more than happy to make custom parts for you guys to make a 2.6" Sprint...In fact...I think they would be really neat!

Or even a 1.88" kit.

I think a 2.6" version would be better tough...my $0.02.:D

Astronboy just contacted me and he will have decals finished and ready to ship Monday morning!!

Yaaaaaaaah!

I should have 'em Wensday or Thursday!

OK, let me clarify a few things.

These are my current "stock". If the demand is there I will make more!

I have the following kit ready to ship;

Quantity of 8 (eight)
Saturn 1B's with paper wraps. (complete) $13.50 each

Quantity of 4 (four)
Mini BT-20 sized Sprints (13mm powered). $12.00 each

Quantity of 2 (two)
BT-50 sized Sprints (18mm powered) $16.00 each

Quantity of 4 (four)
BT-56 sized Sprints (24mm powered) $26.00 each

(Decals should be in my hands by Wensday or Thursday)

Quantity of 3 (three)
BT-80 sized Sprint (29mm powered) Nose cones and tail cones. These are not kits! but they do include a cardstock fin pattern.
You have to provide the BT-80 heavy walled body tube (2.64" O.D.) 25.5" long or longer if desired. $38.00 for the set.

Shipping is $2.50 for parcel post and $4 for priority mail.

please contact me at [email protected]

I take Paypal to the above email or Forum members can send me a personal check.

Gordon

Garbageman, glad you like it.

Guys!

Good news bad news!

Good news...the decals should be here by Thursday!

Bad news...I'm cleaned out!!

Man, you guys sucked them right up!

I just finished glueing up parts for the lathe tonight and I'll start turning more tomorrow...sometime.

I do have a few Saturn 1B kits left 6 I think.

The decals are here!!!

I started pre-coating them and when the Liquid Decal Film drys I'll package everything up.

It's too late for the post office today...they close at 4:00 P.M. around here, so I'll ship them all out in the morning.

Well, I'm out of EVERYTHING!!!

Just have a few BT-50 sized Sprints left (2) and one BT-20 size!

I'm going to make more. As soon as I finish the two Interceptor sets.

I have ordered more decals from astronboy.

Maybe the end of next week.

How the heck did I miss this thread? :eek:

Do you still have 2 of each size ready to ship? Decisions, decisions...

Back