• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: What size Sprint kits would you guys want?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you do with a ruined model?

• Dump it

• Try and loose it at a launch

• Accept it

• I'm too smug to admit that I ruined a model

• Dump it

• Try and loose it at a launch

• Accept it

• I'm too smug to admit that I ruined a model

Results are only viewable after voting.
OK...Don't be so smug!

I just checked...I only have two 29mm models ready to fly anyway...I need another!

Originally posted by sandman

BTW I still haven't heard from Astronboy...you guys are not clapping!!

Neither have I.As much as I hate to do it I may have to go to Tango Papa.Most of the "custom" stuff I need now has to do with colors as apposed to actual artwork.For instance;Commanche-3 decals in black.Estes Mean Machine in yellow and a few Sprint sets in black.
BTW I was gonna try using Future to help my curling problem with my Commanche decals like you suggested but when i dipped the second one in water it curled up like a salted snail.Oh well! I'd rather have `em in black anyhow.
I just hope that Tango's stuff is as good as Phred's.He's gonna be hard to beat.

I'm getting a little concerned about Astronboy...I sent him a PM and it shows that he was online on the 10-07 but...nothing

In the meantime...I did make a few sprint parts that will take a 29mm motor mount.

I haven't cut the motor tube yet but here are the fins, they are ROCK hard balsa almost as hard as basswood! The nose cone which I sealed with fill N Finish while it was still on the lathe. and the tailcone drilled for a 299mm tube.

Main body tube is a Totally Tubular T-60 (BT-60) cut to 16" (15.96"...more or less)

Wow Sandman.

That 29mm pic looks like it would be a model that would just almost "dissappear" upon launch...

Any Sim data available on what that would do?

Here is the RocSim file for the 29mm powered BT-60 sized Sprint.

It doesn't go as high as I would have guessed but still...pretty darn high! 4,600'

I guess if you lose it...it really doesn't matter how high it goes!

I may have the wrong size motor tube in it.:confused:

Hey...I'm new at this!

4600 on what motor. i only have the dem version of rocsim so i cant open the file for some reason

OK! Let me list out the estimated performance on a 29mm version for ya.

F10-8 (not yet available from Apogee) 4,587'
F20-7 (Econojet motor) 3,639'
G35EJ-7 (Econojet) 3,929'
And if you could find it!

An H90-15 goes 6,342

Keep in mind The H90-15 the Econojet G35-7's delays are way too short for this rocket!
Deployment is about 300' before Apogee and it is moving right along between 60 and 120 ft/sec at deployment...there will be some damage to the rocket with those motors.

A 24mm Estes E9-8 with an adaptor will get it to 1,900'

Recovery is bleak with a rocket that size touching those alt's!
Karl

It is hard to judge the size of the rocket with the one picture you posted. I have a scale that is similar so I am guessing that the finished length is about 2 to 2.5 feet.

Close?

6000+ feet with that size of rocket?? LOLOLOLOL.

I submit that you change the name from Sprint to.....

3...2...1...Buhh, Bye!

What do you think?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Overall length of the 29mm BT-60 version is about 24" nose to tail.

GONE!

OK...maybe I should make something a bit bigger!

IMHO I think you may want to add a spare bulkhead and give the person building it an option for dual deploy.

Somehow the idea if such a high preformer is exciting....

Tim Allen said it best...

"UGH, UGH, MORE POWER!!!!"

that is one amazing rocket. and maybe for the faint of heart (not me) you could make a larger diameter version and a performance version meaning 38mm for those of us that just love to see things really move

I've just been having a ball with RocSim:D

I modified the BT-56 sized Srint a bit!

With a D12-0 to D12-0 to E9-8 I got 3,427'!!

But...if you could get the E9-0's and it would lift it...

E9-0 to E9-0 to E9-8 gives you.....4,587'!!:D

And! It's stable!

Wow, a three stage Sprint.

That has got to be a "Blink and you miss it" Launch followed by a smoke trail to oblivion...

I like IT!!

And! It's stable!

Now your talking my language! A 3stage Sprint , geez! That things gonna' get up there man! Are E9-0's in production though?
Karl

"That has got to be a "Blink and you miss it" Launch followed by a smoke trail to oblivion..."

More like...

Whoosh...Pop....whoosh...pop...SEE YA!

:D

I don't think the E9-0 ever was in production. You can do the D12 to D12 to E9-8.

Just not enough initial kick as a booster motor.

I do have kits left...if I run out I have parts to make more!

I still have no decal sets or word from Astronboy.

I guess i can send kits out..I will get decals eventually.

I hope!:(

And! It's stable!

hmm i wonder how high a 29mm or even a 38mm 3 stage sprint would go...

BT -50 and BT-56 sizes are ready I'm just waiting on decals but astronboy has contacted me and he'llm hav 'em ready soon

Back