• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: [WANTED] Kits/Models

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DynaSoar

Reaction score
Wanted:

1. MPC Nike Smoke kit, with one piece plastic fin can.

2. Quest DC-Y Clipper, built (prefered) or unbuilt. If built, display version or non-functional flying version OK. Needed in good external/cosmetic shape only, for measurement and comparison for upscaling. If unbuilt, open/pieces missing OK, but shroud must be in good shape.

isn't the Quest Nike the mold from MPC ? , and the "quick kit" is the plastic motor mount version.

somebody(I want to say A-Z) has the DC-Y on clearence
funny ,I'm building one now I just started it! I can send you some dimensions (or scans) if that helps

Originally posted by stymye
isn't the Quest Nike the mold from MPC ? , and the "quick kit" is the plastic motor mount version.

somebody(I want to say A-Z) has the DC-Y on clearence
funny ,I'm building one now I just started it! I can send you some dimensions (or scans) if that helps

Kevin at Countdown told me that Quest was using the MPC molds for their fin cans too. But the review comments at EMRR mention warped fins a lot. That's what can happen when someone buys and uses someone else's old molds. It's what happened to some Glencoe models made from molds purchased from Hawk. I've got two old Hawk Jupiter C's, one built and one unbuilt, and one Glencoe version built. The body segments of the Glencoe had to be glued together only after they were clamped and bent into shape enough to fit together. The Hawk version snaps right together. Someone I emailed with regarding plastic conversions had this problem and explained it to me. Besides, I had the MPC model years ago and I'd like to replace it with the real thing.

Now, if the Quest version had dthe two-piece snap-together fin can with the slide-in fins and half-turn motor retainer like the Aries (excellent rocket), it would be a far better rocket than the MPC. The MPC fin can was rather clunky.

Thanks for the offer, but I actually already have a Clipper that I just opened, so I have all the parts. I'd just like to have at least one of each major part unbuilt as well as at least a boiler plate of it built, so I can match up parts and finished product while upscaling.

sorry Dynasoar , A to Z "had" them on sale..looks like they sold out now. they were something like $4.99 !

Originally posted by stymye
sorry Dynasoar , A to Z "had" them on sale..looks like they sold out now. they were something like $4.99 !

Hobby Connection lists them both. If they've got both I can pick them up there (Quest Nike Smoke, not the MPC, which I'd still want).

Back