• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: Wanted: Estes lauch controller

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaSquriel

Reaction score
well I was wondering if anyone has a lauch controller for an estes e pad they dont want like to give away for free or a couple bucks :D :eek:

If I'm not mistaken, the E controller is just a regular electron beam controller with longer wires between the hand controller and alligator clips (and different graphics, but otherwise the same.)

I think. Looking at the catalog descriptions for the E controller and the standard electron beam, they both are powered by 4 AA batteries, but the E controller has 30 ft. of cable, while the electron beam has 17.

If you feel the need to have 30 ft. of cable, you could probably just add to the wires on your standard electron beam controller easily and cheaply. You could use speaker wire or some other two conductor wire you have handy, trim off the existing alligator clips, splice in 13 ft of wire, and then re-attach the clips to your new "end". If the alligator clips are sottered (can't spell) on, you can get new alligater clips from Radio Shack for around $1.

Fore Check,

I talked to him last nite...he is a youngster looking for a controller and pad fairly cheap as he does not have much in the way of resources. I suggest ROL auctions. Sometimes you can get something really cheap there. Same goes for ebay, but either way, he will need his parents to help.

Good luck in your search.

Carl

I have an extra one you can have I think. Let me look in my box of extra stuff.

Dan

AHHhh... I'm with you now.

If that's the case, I have a spare electron beam controller too.

What's the situation with the pad? do you need one of those too?

The wires are longer but they are also MUCH heavier, so there is less loss over the longer distance.

Originally posted by Fore Check
If I'm not mistaken, the E controller is just a regular electron beam controller with longer wires between the hand controller and alligator clips (and different graphics, but otherwise the same.)

I think. Looking at the catalog descriptions for the E controller and the standard electron beam, they both are powered by 4 AA batteries, but the E controller has 30 ft. of cable, while the electron beam has 17.

If you feel the need to have 30 ft. of cable, you could probably just add to the wires on your standard electron beam controller easily and cheaply. You could use speaker wire or some other two conductor wire you have handy, trim off the existing alligator clips, splice in 13 ft of wire, and then re-attach the clips to your new "end". If the alligator clips are sottered (can't spell) on, you can get new alligater clips from Radio Shack for around $1.

Latest posts

Back