• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: Thrustline "X" Form Nylon chutes!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flying_silverad

Reaction score
I have a limited run of "X" Form Rip-Stop Nylon chutes that I would like to offer TRF members.
Here are the specs:

Size- 14"
Material- 1.1 oz. Rip Stop Nylon (Low porosity)
Shroud Line- 40 lb dacron braid
Swivel- Size 10 (unless you ask for something diff)
Color- Yellow/Purple (Awesome color!!)

I will be selling these on the site and EBay Store at some point, but for now, they will only be offered to TRF members.

TRF Price- 6.25 each plus 2.00 S/H. Please limit 2 per customer.
If you use PayPal, please add .30 to help me cover the fees. And, please include your e-mail address, username and reg address.

Thanks again for your input regarding these!!

JR

What size hexagonal or octagonal chute would this be equivalent to?

Thanks!

A 12"-13" 6 sided chute has about the same descent rate...everything else being equal.

Ok,

(and I ask this question out of ignorance)

What would be the advantage of using an x-form chute at nearly twice the cost of a ripstop 12" chute? I'm thinking the "cool factor." :cool:

John,

2 questions:
1) Do you have any pictures of these chutes?

2) Are you planning to offer them in different sizes in the future?

Thanks.

Fore Check

Now I'm no expert when it comes to aerodynamics so anyone can pipe in here but here's my theory. A reg chute while motoring across the sky will create some lift (at some point) due to the nature of it's shape (somewhat like an airfoil) which helps it to drift (staying in the sky longer. The advantage of the X type chute is the lift effect is somewhat disturbed by the shape and thus tends to drift less. So, you use a slightly larger chute to maintain the same decent rate, without the drift. I realy like them for high alt stuff.

lalligood

I will probably offer a 20" and a 26" (for those 18" and 24" chute models). I will have a photo tomorrow as soon as I get my camera back. COLORS- next will be all orange, all yellow, red/yellow and red. For Halloween, I will be offering a Black/Orange.

Question-

Is the 14" chute equivalent to a 14" hexagonal chute, or does it have more drag or less drag? I may buy one, don't hold me to that though.

Originally posted by Blue_Ninja_150
Question-

Is the 14" chute equivalent to a 14" hexagonal chute, or does it have more drag or less drag? I may buy one, don't hold me to that though.

Less filling, same great taste....

Actually a 14" inch X chute has probably more drag, and less lift.

Back