• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: Rocket-Tech Industries

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocket Al

Reaction score
Product development at Rocket-Tech Industries is on temporary hold while we get relocated. Kits in development include sport-scale versions of the Pershing 1-A and Redstone ballistic missiles, and affordable Vostok, and a "V-2 variant" kit, featuring parts and decals allowing the builder to make one of three different permutations of the V-2 from one kit. Also in our line-up is an inexpensive launch pad capable of handling up to a beefy mid-power bird that self-stores it's launch rods to keep them from getting bent or lost. That pad goes perfectly with our 12V launch control, that features both visual and audible continuity check and heavy duty, garish flourescent green cable running to the launch pad, so you don't have to worry (or at least, the kids running after your rocket won't have to worry) about tripping over hard to see, wimpy girly-wires. Add to that both economy flat nylon chutes, and multi-panel hemispherical chutes for recovery.... since getting back into rocketry and using rip-stop nylon, I won't trust any kits we make to anything else.

Nose cones are turned on our own duplicationg lathe, and we're currently working out the programming for cutting centering rings and fins on our CNC router, or at least we were until we packed it back in it's crate last week for the trip cross country. The attached picture is the same model we're using from the manufacturer's site.

Alan

www.rocket-tech.net

Originally posted by Rocket Al
Kits in development include sport-scale versions of the Pershing 1-A and Redstone ballistic missiles

Why "sport-scale" versions???
Its not like the data isn't readily available for "scale".

CTimm

Well, in an effort to not have to have custom tubes made, certain liberties are being taken with some measurements as far as tube diameters. For instance, for the Pershing main body, at BT-80 size, the last transition before the nose cone is about .08" to small for tube diameter to be accurately (closest stock tube available) otherwise, it will be completely to scale, but I would prefer to call this "sport-scale" so as not to upset any scale purists who would hand roll their own tubes to get one that the right size, or who would slit and remove a sliver, etc. Unless that's what you'd want to do....

I suppose that I could call it "semi-scale" or something like that. It's like the Estes Saturn V being called a scale model, even though the fins are a bit oversized for stability sake... you'd lose points if you submitted it for scale judging, so I'm calling it "sport-scale" to differentiate.

And yes, CNC is a computer numeric control. This machine is waaaay less expensive than a laser cutter, although if I can score a gently used CO2 laser, I may get really ambitious.

Alan

In an effort to be more "correct" in my terminology, I guess I ought to call them semi-scale kits, like the old Estes V-2 and the newer Saturn V kits. The oversized fins and other details kept them from being true scale kits....

Alan

This early Pershing wouldn't require any oddsize tubing, and could easily be made stable with scale-size fins simply by adding a little nose weight.

Chris Timm

Tell me about the affordable Vostok, I'm looking for a project.. Thanks, loojack

Back