• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: Rocket kits??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Any Geocaching Rocketeers?

• I'm one!

• Heard of it.

• What in the world is geocaching?

• I'm one!

• Heard of it.

• What in the world is geocaching?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Neil

Reaction score
I am thinking of adding kits to my "buisness". I am thinking of a 2 stage 24MM interlocking fin design, and I have several other designs for sport rockets that I will choose one of to possible sell. The 24MM rocket would have a slotted 29MM tube, 6 fins (3 on each stage), and 4 centering rings (2 on each stage). The fins are proabably going to be made of basswood, and most likely cut by me, but that is not final. I may delay a bit on the sport kit and just go with the 2 stager for my first kit. SpaceCAD died and will not load the kit on my computer anymore, so I will be a while in posting a picture. I will proabably be making one of these myself just to see how it works. What do you think of me making kits? They would have my hand-sewn chutes, hand-braided Kevlar shockcords, and PML urethane nose cones. I would most likely be making a run of half a dozen kits unless I get a lot of people interested here. Thanks ahead of time for the opinions! -Neil

Hmmmmm..... If I use Apogee components it will cut prices down to $15 a kit. Nice. How does that sound to you guys?

OK. I got SpaceCAD up and running again (for now), so I will now post a picture of the rocket and the SpaceCAD file in case some of you have that program.

I call it "name me" because I do not have a good name for it yet. Here it is.

OUCH. That got good feeback.... OK, mind tellin me what I am doing wrong here? Theres gotta be SOMETHING I am screwin on.... Was it the picture? The SpaceCAD file? Oh. I know. THe SPACECAD file. Did it open? Just download the demo version off SpaceCAD dot com. Then you can read it. I gotta get a good buisness plan..... Maybe Jim has tips. He somehow has people bowing down to him begging for earlyier releases on all of his upcoming kits! How does he do that!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!???? Maybe I need to get RocSIM and add some spin-motors. Then I can design a 3 motor 2 stager. with strap on boosters.

Back