• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: Old and OOP kits; many bargains

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeInMemphis

Reaction score
I have the following old and OOP kits for sale. Mostly Estes, some MRC. If you don't like the price, make an offer. Must sell, fast.

Buyer pays shipping and insurance, if needed. I can only accept cash or USPS money order (no one else!). All sales final, OK? American dollars. Price listed after kit name.

Kits sold AS IS. I tried to be honest in describing those with damage. Many kits have price stickers, store stickers or prices written on them. Ask questions first!

UNOPENED KITS:

MRC Hornet - 20
K-2 Mark II (yellow card; old!) -- 25
0898 Mini Cobra -- 10 <b>(Fixed this listing.)</b>
0872 Sparrow (2) -- 5
1937 Astro -- 5
1972 Bullpup 12D -- 20
0801 Mosquito (bag chewed up a bit) -- 5
1225 Alpha (Beta series; white, red, black; tube crimped) -- 5
1936 Sunbird -- 10
1223 Big Bertha (Old! Yellow card. Paper hanger torn; crimped tube) -- 20
2093 Broadsword (bag tear; no paper hanger) -- 25

OPENED KITS, BUT OK:
(These kits were opened, so I could look at them. Taped closed; boxes refolded shut. All are missing the Estes/NAR pamphlet, but everything else is there and OK, except as noted.)

MRC Tomahawk (Box a bit worn in corners. Old!) -- 15
<b>SOLD</b> TK-3 Mini Bertha -- 10
2067 Delta Clipper -- 15
2158 Heatseeker -- 10
<b>SOLD</b> 1906 Sizzler -- 10
<b>SOLD</b> 2051 Solar Probe -- 10
<b>SOLD</b> 1994 Ramjet -- 15
2002 Thunderhawk
1208 Skyhook (with balsa nose cone) -- 10
1938 Laser -- 5
0878 Scout III (small tear at top of bag) -- 5
1840 Marte Mk2 (BNC already sealed w/epoxy and sanded smooth) -- 10
<b>SOLD</b> 1941 Fox Fire -- 15

OPENED KITS, SOME DAMAGED OR MISSING PARTS:
(All have been opened. Some in ruined bags or boxes. Missing or damaged parts noted.)
YOU MAKE THE OFFER! Best offer wins.

<b>SOLD</b> 2153 AMRAAM AIM120 (no chute) -- 10?
<b>SOLD</b> 2129 Python (No centering rings; full body tubes, nose cone and adapter for another Python) -- 10?
1204 Streak (missing body tube and launch lug) -- 2
<b>SOLD</b> 1207 Phantom (Clear Alpha; one fin broken off fin assembly; easily fixed) -- 5?
0873 Hawkeye (crimped body tube; missing launch lug and nose cone; bag chewed up) -- 2?
<b>SOLD</b> 1380 Phoenix (missing instructions! Top of bad torn up and stapled shut) -- 10?
<b>SOLD</b> 2000 Voyager II (crimped body tube) -- 10?
<b>SOLD</b> 1974 Explorer (replacement engine block and chute) -- 15?
1274 Klingon Battle Cruiser (25th anniversary kit w/paints; missing one internal nacelle support (heavy launch lug); has extra body tubes, centering ring pack, tube adapter and fin sheet!) -- 10?
<b>SOLD</b> 2036 Super Vega (Box very worn, still has some plastic wrap on bottom. Crimped body tube, no instructions) -- 20?
2011 Super Nova (might be missing fins, fin sheet too lightly cut to tell; missing chute pack and two centering rings; bag badly worn with two holes.) -- 10?
1972 Interceptor II (WOW! missing engine tube and long dowel; tiny crimp on end of body tube) -- 20?

MISCELLANEOUS:

<b>SOLD</b> Fin Alignment Guide (Grey one; base with four panels and clips, centering engine tubes) -- 10?
<b>SOLD</b> MRC Model Rocket Chute Pack ( 8" chute; number TQ050; collector item?) -- 2?

Mike Hollihan
[email protected]

Just to let folks know. The Fin Alignment Guide and the Mini-Bertha are both gone now. Actually, the F.A.G. sold about 10 minutes after I posted this! Wow. Thanks for the responses.

What are the numbers at the side of the kits eg :
Fin Alignment Guide (Grey one; base with four panels and clips, centering engine tubes) -- 10?

Karl

Sorry, Karl. I should have been clear. Those are my requested prices. Ones with question marks are suggestions. My bad!

I was hoping you said that :D Im gonna search on google images now for a few rocket names that took my eye , and I'll pm you with a few rockets later on today that im intrested in :)
Karl

Could you measure the tube lengths on that RamJet model? I'm dying to upscale one and the plans don't have the reference-able part numbers.

As a suggestion, you may want to "edit" your original listing and add a bold SOLD tag next to each item as they are gone. It'd be easier to follow and simple enough to see all on one list. Just a friendly suggestion is all. :) Hmmm....RamJet....

"As a suggestion, you may want to "edit" your original listing and add a bold SOLD tag next to each item as they are gone."

Good point and thanks, but now I just killed your daydream! ;-( Sorry.

Hey Fore Check! The outer tubes (two) are 5 1/4 inches long; the inner (motor) tube is 12 inches.

I was saving that one to build one day, as it's snazzy and a half, but money troubles have descended. So, my pain is your gain!

I'm surprised no one's asked after the unopened kits yet. You could buy those, resell them on eBay and show a profit. I just don't have the time or inclination right now.

Could you clarify that Unopened kit #0898 Explorer?

Estes kit #0898 is listed as the Mini-Cobra. Perhaps it's an "explorer series" rocket? ( :confused: )

Originally posted by MikeInMemphis
Hey Fore Check! The outer tubes (two) are 5 1/4 inches long; the inner (motor) tube is 12 inches.

I was saving that one to build one day, as it's snazzy and a half, but money troubles have descended. So, my pain is your gain!

As the guys on the Dodge Ram Hemi commercials say: "Sweet!

That will make a fine D powered upscale with a BT55 central tube. Let's see... two pieces of BT70 9.5" long ought to be close enough for those outer tubes......

Thanks!!!!!

Sigh...I'm getting old, dude. It is the MiniCobra. I'll change that.

But I did find another kit to add:
2008 Yellow Jacket (Opened but complete; slight crimp on end of one BT) -- 10

Back