• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: MicroMaxx Model kit progress

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandman

Reaction score
I think I have the first of the prototypes kits ready.

Packaging and instructions are time consuming and the packaging needs to be worked out so that it's a little quicker to do.

I'm waiting for the rest of the psrts...yes believe it or not...I...sand man...am having somebody make the nose cones for me!

Holy Sacrilege, Batman!:eek:

This is what I have so far.

The kits will be $15 for the set of 3 models.

Looks good so far!

Just keep us posted as to when they are ready.

I don't suppose you are taking pre-orders?

That won't be necessary, I'm going to make a whole bunch.

Cool!!!! I can probably shell out $15... any idea what skill lvl they will be?

Well, not exactly hard skill level kits...but they will tax your eyesight!

They are really really tiny!

Tweezers and a magnifying glass required for anyone over 40!:D

But I'd say a skill level 2

They are really really tiny!

Tweezers and a magnifying glass required for anyone over 40! :D

Go to your pharmacy and get a pair of magnifying reading glasses.

I got the strongest ones they make and they are great for working on small models.

The last of the parts arrived today!

I will have some bagged and ready by Tuesday...I hope!:D

I watched a movie tonight (chick flick) so I was packing kits all evening.

I have 12 sets ready.

By now, I really should know how to order from you, but I don't. I'll take a set, just let me know how to pay for it.

:)

OK, here is how you order from me.

Email me first [email protected]

Then either send a check (I will email you back the address)

or paypal me to [email protected].

Shipping is $2.50 for up to 4 sets.

Orders can be combined with the BT-60 sized Saturn 1B's

Example. 1 Saturn 1B and 1 Micro set, shipping would be $2.50.

2 Saturn 1B's and two Micro sets shipping would be $4

Before I forget to mention it.

I want to give a really big

THANK YOU!

To Carl at SEMROC for making the nose cones and cutting the teeny tiny centering rings for my Micro Maxx kits.

Great job, Carl!

Hey, did everyone that wanted a set get theirs?

I'm just about out of the Micro kits but I can make more.

I was showing mine off at a small local launch last weekend. I'm not sure, but you may get some orders from that, I passed out your email addy to those that were interested in the kits.

Originally posted by sandman
Hey, did everyone that wanted a set get theirs?

I'm just about out of the Micro kits but I can make more.

I'd love to buy one, as well as the Saturn kit, but unfortunately, I lack one important item. MONEY! Actually, there's another important item: Permission from the wife until we have more MONEY.

I'd recommend making up another batch, and setting them aside for the trickle-down orders as people see the finished models at local launches. I know that if I flew one at Plaster Blaster next month, that would probably generate another 3 or 4 orders. Same's probably true everywhere...

WW

Originally posted by sandman
Don,

Have you built yours yet?

Pictures, please!

I plan to start building tonight. I took them to the launch because I thought they were pretty impressive just in the bags. From the reacton they got, I'm not alone in that opinion.

I started the Little Joe II last night, here's what I was able to finish in the short time I had to work on it.

LJ II

I'm having a little trouble getting the wrap to fit on the nose, I'll have more time to work with it tomorrow.

Here's a tip: drag the body wrap across the edge of a table to put some curl in it. Then roll it up and insert it inside the body tube and leave it overnight. This will help put a 'set' in the wrap and make it much easier to apply.

I guess I never tried the capsule wrap on the new nose cones since I had them made.

There isn't much of any detail on the capsule wrap so I guess you could just paint it white and a fine tipped pen for the lines.

Let me know how that turns out.

I think I just need to trim out the inside curve a little. It's a minor fit issue. I haven't glued anything yet, I just checked the dry fit. It's such a small wrap that it's hard to hold in place to fit.

It's such a small wrap that it's hard to hold in place

I just tried one.

The parts are really tiny and fat fingers do not help!

Clear off the work bench roll up your sleeves! It fits...you just have to hold your tongue juuuuust right...:p

Yup, got it to fit, I just needed to do a little trimming. Tomorrow I get to build the escape tower, yahoo!

I can hardly wait to take these to the next high power launch. :D

The escape tower is easy...that little tiny flare at the top...THAT will tax your abilities!

I have 5 sets of the MMX kits left.

Again I ask, should I make more?

I am the proud owner of a set of very nice little MMX kits by Sandman. They look like they will make some great little birds that should fly like bullets! You guys who have missed out on this set so far should beg, whine, whimper, and grovel to get Sandman back into his shop for another round of kit releases!

Originally posted by powderburner
You guys who have missed out on this set so far should beg, whine, whimper, and grovel to get Sandman back into his shop for another round of kit releases!

Get him back IN??!?

:eek: :eek:

Does Sandman ever leave his shop???

:D :) ;) :D

LOL... he's got to sometimes, to fly!!!

Back