• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: Howbout this for a kit?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
Howbout this for a kit??? a 2" pre-glassed mailing tube, 38MM motor mount (possible with adaptors included. Since the smallest motor is an AT E something, it would have to include a 38-29 and a 29-24.), Basswood or Birch nose cone (you know who will be making these), braided (by me) kevlar shock cord, 25" (I am about to release a 25" version of my Nylon Chutes) ripstop nylon chute, and maybe even decals. Well, maybe not decals. Let me know if you want them, and I might include them, but I usually just chuck them myself. I dont know about you. I am thinking about $30 for this, depending on the cost of the nose cone, which is pretty much the only expensive thing in the kit besides the glassing. If you ask me, $30 for a pre-glassed kit is pretty good, I would certainly buy one if someone else was offering it, not me! Oh. I forgot to mention the fins. Birch plywood, and the tube will be slotted for 4 fins. Howzat sound? Hopefully better than that last idea I had... That got NAILED. Ill include a SpaceCAD file, and if you dont have SpaceCAD, please take the time to get the Demo Version so you can give me some feeback. I will also include a picture of it. I will also have the option for a payload bay (either 12 or 24 inches. You tell me what is the best idea), but it will not have one stock. The extra payload bay would be glassed, and cost about $10 extra. It would have a screw eye, bulkhead (birch plywood), bit of glassed tube (12 or 24"), and of course a coupler. Thanks for the feeback, guys! -Neil

Heeeeyy.... Positive feeback! I like it! (well, I am hoping you are talking about the rocket, and not the SpaceCAD demo download. That thing is good too, but not what i was shooting for). Do you think this is something you would want to buy? The price tag on the nose cones is a touch higher than I expected, so it could be $35 per kit.

Yea, I am talking about the rocket, not the dl. What kind of motor range would this have? I'm not sure if I could buy one before New Years, but we'll see.

Well, I will definetly not have them done before New Years, so no problemo there. The price is looking more like $40-$45. A touch more expensive than I was hoping for, but it is still better than any other glassed kit pricewise. But, because of how many parts I am making myself, it should not go above that under any circumstances. The motor range should be something like E30-4W to an I357T. As long as it stays below the sound barrier, it should be fine. Though, if I find a good way to fiberglass the cone, it could use up to a J420R. That could make it go well over mach one. That motor is enough to make pretty much ANYTHING under 3" in diamter go mach one.... it is one of my fauvorite motors, even though I have not used one yet. Pretty much anything that will fit inside it, but it will be too heavy for anything smaller than a big E.

Would it be dual deployment capable? I am not L1, nor able to certify (underage) but I would probably buy one for MPR uses, and maybe L1 when i become 18 :rolleyes:. For something that has such a wide motor range, $45 is a good price.

Well, if you bought the optional payload bay that I will offer with the kit for $10, yes, it is more than possible. The payload bay will have a coupler, bulkhead, 24" payload bay (fiberglassed, of course), and a screw eye. If you get it with the $12 dual deployment system, you can get a 15" drouge chute and another 10' shockcord, made of Kevlar. How do those prices sound? the parachute alone costs $8, and the shockcord is about $3, so I might actually have the dual deployment system be $15. The payload bay would be... lets se... I could proabably use an AT 1.9" tube for the coupler, so that would be about $3 per coupler, the glass for the tube would be about $2, plus $1 worth of epoxy, plus $1 on the extra tube. so that would put it at $7 per system, so I would want to price it at $10 to make myself a little profit. How does all that sound? Thanks for the feeback! -Neil

Back