• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: FS: PICO Alt AD2 Dual Deployment Altimeter

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPatell

Reaction score
For sale is one PICO-AD2 dual deployment altimeter. Very small unit, has been flown once. Fits inside a BT-5 tube. The unit has been checked post-flight by Rob Dehate (owner of PICO) and is fully functional.

Directions and wiring included. Unit is as shown and described on website.
https://www.geocities.com/rdh82000/Picoalt/index.htm

Click "Dual Deployment" on the left.

I'm asking $75.

Forgot to mention that I am also including a G10 mounting bracket with 6-32 bolts, nuts and washers nescessary to mount the altimeter. Email me if interested

[email protected]

i paid you 2 weeks ago and i STILL don't have the altimeter in-hand...
:(

so much for my paying EXTRA for FAST SHIPPING...

Word to the wise when dealing with children.
DON'T.

I shipped the unit the day after I received payment.

As I explained before, I am very sorry, but I cannot control UPS. And as for dealing with children, my dad was invovled with the shipping and everything, as I have a history of putting things off.

It is currently in Grass Valley CA, out for delivery. Should arrive at your house today.

to publish our correspondence.

i SPECIFICALLY said to send it via the US POSTAL SERVICE.
i PAID EXTRA to be sure you'd do as you were told!!!!!!!
i SPECIFICALLY said i did NOT want to wait 2 weeks to get it...
i got you your money the next day.

you did not follow instructions.

my main worry was that you'd just keep my money. since you are a child, you cannot be held liable since you cannot legally enter into a contract, and i'd be out of luck.

i got the altimeter.
a week late.
:*(

what was wrong with it when you sent it in for repair?
it seems to have issues...

There was something wrong with one of the voltage regulators or something, forget exactly now. Sent it in to Robert Dehate and he fixed it, said it was fine and sent it back. It sat in a static bag, inside a padded box until I sent it to you.

Originally posted by Elapid
what was wrong with it when you sent it in for repair?
it seems to have issues...

Jeez you already broke it?

Patell is the man, I have had worse service from many vendors. 2 weeks isnt that bad especially if you were in correspondence with him thewhole time, it isnt like he disappeared. you got your product a little late, but you got it, not top notch super awesome service, but not bad at all. Calm down not a big deal, you definantly overreacted. Deep breaths, Deep breaths

regardless, i am only concerned that it doesn't seem to want to enter programming mode so i can verify the main deployment altitude and mach delay settings.

I have one of these altimeters and the windows programming program would not work on either of my 2 pcs under win2kpro or xppro. It did work on other Pc's.....

The problem is the programming cable needs to be "smart" versus dumb....I can provide you with Robert Dehates email if you would like to discuss him making you a smart programming cable, as once LDRS is over he will be working on one for me....

It has something to do with the fact that some UARTS (serial port chips) have a bug in them.....

I am not saying that is what is causing the problem, I'm just pointing out this is a known problem.....

hth

the integral test mode where you put a switch in place of the apogee charge and you are supposed to push it within 1 second of the first *beep*on powerup; the unit is supposed to beep four times then spit out the required data, allowing for programming the mach delay and main chute deployment altitude with button pushes.

i just want to make sure it's gonna do what it's supposed to.

Back