• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: anyone in Dallas want to group order rails or materials from McMaster?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketsonly

Reaction score
Hello. Just wondering if there was anyone in the Dallas area who would be interested in group ordering some rails or misc. items from McMaster. My TARC team is looking to buy a 6' 1010 rail and possibly some Nomex. We can't stand the shipping being the same price as the rail!

Let me know, we'll be ordering within a week or so.

Originally posted by rocketsonly
Hello. Just wondering if there was anyone in the Dallas area who would be interested in group ordering some rails or misc. items from McMaster. My TARC team is looking to buy a 6' 1010 rail and possibly some Nomex. We can't stand the shipping being the same price as the rail!

Let me know, we'll be ordering within a week or so.

Many rocketeers in the Dallas area do not frequent this forum. If you really want to have a group order, I strongly suggest you do three things:

1. Delay the order for two weeks.

2. Post this request to https://groups.yahoo.com/group/DARS-General

3. Go to the DARS meeting in Plano on August 7 to solicit final participants.

Bill

I've been to the DARS forum actually, but I can't figure out how to post! It's driving me nuts. Can someone please teach me how to post on that kind of forum?

My team was actually planning to go to the next DARS meeting to advertise our service! I found about a week ago that some guy posted a thread about our team and our service on the DARS forum.

Thanks.

I've been to the DARS forum actually, but I can't figure out how to post! It's driving me nuts. Can someone please teach me how to post on that kind of forum?

I don't use the web interface, so cannot tell you anything about that. To use the list by e-mail, send an e-mail to [email protected] to join. You will get a verification message you must confirm. After that, all messages posted to the list will be delivered to your inbox. Our list does not have a bunch of traffic like some, and attachments are not allowed so you will not get huge surprises when you least expect it. Once you have joined, just send e-mail to [email protected] and it gets distributed to everyone subscribing to the list.

My team was actually planning to go to the next DARS meeting to advertise our service! I found about a week ago that some guy posted a thread about our team and our service on the DARS forum.

That "some guy" would be me! We are an active club with members always needing parts for scratch builts. I thought everyone would appreciate a local supplier.

Bill

Cool! I didn't know that RocketGuts was a DFW area source! I live about an hour northwest of Fort Worth in Wise county myself - I usually launch in Denton.

Originally posted by Fore Check
Cool! I didn't know that RocketGuts was a DFW area source! I live about an hour northwest of Fort Worth in Wise county myself - I usually launch in Denton.

Haha, yup, we're in Dallas alright! Have you heard of Plano, Richardson, or Addison?

Well hey there Matthew,

I'm over here in Carrollton! :)

I found it much cheaper when purchasing my rail to locate an 80/20 local supplier. I'm in Fort Collins, CO so I had to go to Denver to find one. Went to their shop and bought a piece and shipping was substantially less than anywhere online. Just a piece of advice.

Edward

Yea, there's only one local supplier, and it's pretty far. They had some 1515, but not any 1010. And if they restocked on it, I would have to pay shipping.

Haha, yup, we're in Dallas alright! Have you heard of Plano, Richardson, or Addison?

Of course! I moved here from Sherman 2 years ago. We used to shoot down Central to that Hooters in Plano. Also, our favorite sushi restaurant was Sushi Rock in Plano (in the same little strip mall as Jack Astors right off Central, north of the Mall)

I don't make it that far east much anymore.... :( Lewisville is usually about as far as I go now, and even that's a bit more than 1 hr. drive away.....

I miss living in Sherman. :(

Back