Advance Target Drone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocket trike

Reaction score
I was looking on the web the and found a site that had a Advance Target Drone that I am intrested in building. I built another rocket from this web site with the plans that was frunished and had problems with the measurements they did not work out. It was listed in the 1983 Estes cataloge as a 15.3in rocket and they upscale it to a 37in rocket with a 29mm motor mount. Well being the person that I am this is not good enough for me I upscale it again to a 3in body tube with a 38mm motor mount now we are talking have to ake thing bigger and better. Mine question is that does anyone know where I can maybe find the Estes or other plans for this for I can make sure of the measuements. I looked on Jim z's web site and found nothing. If i can not find them any where else I will have to play with them like I did for the other rocket

Tom
Nar # 81482
Vice President DART Dakotas

I have an old broken down ATD that my mother in law gave me. I wanted to rebuild it so I looked on the web everyewhere I could think of and found very little mention of the ATD. Well, that just makes me want to rebuild it more! What I did was trace the fins and shroud and then I went back and wrote in the measurements. The shroud, or what ever you call the structures on the side fins, are made from one piece of card stock per side, folded in two places, and with a slot in the side where the fin slides through. The top left figure is where I traced and measured the slot. Let me know if you have any questions about how I measured these things, or if you can't read my chicken scratch. I love the thought of a way upscaled ATD. Be sure to post pics here when you build it.

rocket trike,

I just got off the phone with JimZ. Keep an eye on the "new" items on his web site.

https://www.provide.net/~jimz/jimz.htm

He should have the Estes kit #1913 Advanced Target Drone up on his site tonight or tomorrow.

He aims to please!

sandman

Thank you for your help. I will have to post some picture when I get building it.

Tom

Back