ADV: Spacecruiser FFE

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SecretSquirrel

Reaction score
The Squirrel Works is pleased to announce the release of our newest kit. The Spacecruiser FFE is one of our retro sci-fi rockets. It features laser cut fins, water slide decals, a balsa nose cone and a mylar parachute. Uses 24mm engines.

Spacecruiser FFE

Parts

Nice. Looks like something from "Tom Swift and his Rocket Ship." Or maybe "Tom Corbett, Space Cadet."

'scuse me.....

ahhhh....what do you do when you get to the bottom of the ladder and you're still 20 feet above the lunar surface?

Is that a design flaw?

sandman:D

Just Great. I made a promise not to buy any more rocket kits till I get my debt paid off... and you had to release this?! bummer :(

:D

Originally posted by KenParker
Nice. Looks like something from "Tom Swift and his Rocket Ship." Or maybe "Tom Corbett, Space Cadet."

It reminds me of some of the rocketships from Japanese sci-fi/monster movies of the 1960's.

Originally posted by SecretSquirrel
Warmer........ ;)

Okay.

How about one of the Earth ships from the movie "The Mysterians" (Toho Studio, 1957).

Originally posted by sandman
'scuse me.....

ahhhh....what do you do when you get to the bottom of the ladder and you're still 20 feet above the lunar surface?

Is that a design flaw?

No, there's a ladder that extends from the bottom of the rocket. The astronauts keep it retracted when they're outside to keep the evil aliens from stealing the ship.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

'scuse me.....

Is that a design flaw?

20 FEET!!???!!?

My God, man! just how BIG *is* this rocket???
:D :D :D

cool kit :)

Well, it has to be big. It has to go to the moon and back on a single stage. Then you have to have those big honkin' fins for stability in a vacuum. :p

'scuse me.....

Is that a design flaw?

20 feet wouldn't be all that bad on the moon since it's only 1/6 the Earths gravity. Just a little hop...

He he...;)

Originally posted by SecretSquirrel
I don't know, I've been wondering that for weeks. As you can see from this poor quality screen shot, it's on each fin.

If I could only find my STARLOG Spaceships book!

Okay,

How about this movie:

"Battle in Outer Space" (Toho, 1959). Released in America by Columbia Pictures, 1960.

I think that's it.

Back