• Have you entered ???
    LAUNCH LAB ROCKETRY GIVEAWAY

ADV: Semroc announces the Squire

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Carl

Reaction score
Semroc Astronautics Corp. will begin shipping its eighth model rocket kit today. The Squire™ is new for 2003, not a Retro-Repro™ as the first seven kits are. It was designed to be a good second kit for beginners. It is highly customizable and can be built differently each time.

The Squire may be ordered at:
https://www.semroc.com/Store/Scripts/RocketKits.asp?SKU=KA-3

The header card for the Squire is at:
https://www.semroc.com/Store/ProdImages/headers/Squire-header.jpg

Thanks to all our friends at The Rocketry Forum for your super support!

sandman

Reaction score
Carl,

Ordered mine and another Laser X!

sandman

Johnnie

Reaction score
I made a little time to surf the Semroc web site, and have picked out the kit for me...The Hydra VII,,,(7) C6 motor cluster!

I googled Semroc, and found that at their prime, they had some serious motors in the works at there R&D division...18mm D :D

Anyways, welcome back Carl, and we will do all we can by buying more of your product.

Johnnie Paul

arthur dent

Reaction score
The hydra VII looks fantastic,There's nothing like this available in the U.K. at the moment so it looks like ill have to get one from the states.

cydermaster

Reaction score
Yep, that Hydra VII looks the Mutt's Nuts - I'll be getting one of them when they're released. :D

Stymye

Reaction score
Johnnie,
here is a Semroc motor (propulsion module)
an A8-5 vintage 1970

Johnnie

Reaction score
I looked on a Yahoo group, I believe it was oldrockets@yahoo...anyways, Carl of Semroc was describing Semrocs research, as well as the 2-stage D motor...here is that small snipit:

We had some very innovative products in prototype and limited production stages. We had an 18mm D engine with a 3.8 second burn, 3/4C and 3/4D engines for future contest certification, a DECAP (Delay-ejection charge auxiliary package), a dual-burn D engine, and several new kits. The DECAP was a 13mm diameter by 25mm long package that consisted only of a delay and ejection charge, with delays from 2 to 10 seconds. It was glued in a standard zero-delay (booster) engine to convert it into a timed engine so you could get any delay time from any engine. The dual-burn D burned normally for 2 seconds, delayed with no thrust for 2 seconds, and then finished the burn at just under 2 seconds. Very impressive with much higher altitudes.

I for one would love to see more of this kind of research and inovation into Low Power Propulsion...

Johnnie Paul