ADV: Semroc announces the Rocket-Rack

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carl

Reaction score
Semroc started shipments of the new Rocket-Rack today. The Rocket-Rack is an improved version of the Centuri design released in the late 1970's. It is laser-cut white mat board with an improved snap-together design AND it includes a plate for the Semroc production number decals.

We have mailed one today to all our online customers with the production number matched to their customer number as a late Christmas present.

It is not too late if you are not a customer yet. We will be shipping one free Rocket-Rack to each new customer that places an order through the end of the year.

Update on Hydra VII: Our target release date is December 29. The first 8 production numbers are reserved. If you want to reserve an early production number, send an email to [email protected] with quantity (limit 2) and we will set models aside in the order we receive the emails. You can not order the Hydra VII until it is released, but we will hold your reserved kits until January 30 for you to place your order online.

Got my Rocket Rack, and it is a wonderful addition. The mail system bent it a little :mad: but no damage to any of the main components. I have seen this item on other rocketeers pictures and always wondered how to get my hands on one...now I know. I will order it with every rocket I get from Semroc, as well as extras to display my other favorite rockets.

Thanks again Semroc...

Sorry about the postal prang. Sent out a replacement today via First Class in a tougher box. Hope it does better!

Got my "racks" on Saturday.

This is the standard Rocket Rack.

It takes about 15 minutes to build...less glue drying time.

They do need paint...kinda stark unpainted.

So for your viewing pleasure I have included a picture of a pair I made and modified for my two Mini-Bomarcs

I thought the army men were a nice touch.:D

No this is not in front of my local VFW hall...it's my drawing table.

sandman

This is what it's supposed to look like without my changes.

The white tube holds a rocket with a 13mm motor mount and the brown tube is the 18mm holder.

I left the big name plate off for now until I decide which rocket goes on it.

Hey, Carl, any chance of a 24mm rocket rack? May have to be upscaled a bit to take the weight.

THAT would be cool!

sandman

Carl,

Sending a second was not necasary, as there was no damage to the 1st, but thank you very much all the same, as I will use it on my sons Lazer X. Great customer care...thanks

Sandman,

You beat me to it...I finished mine lastnight, but our WIN98 "puter" decided to have a "kinipshin" fit :mad:

anyways, here is my nekked Rocket Rack with a Quest Navajo mounted on it...both need paint

Carl, love the Rack, I will be buying these from now on.

Army Men? now really Sandman...nuttin like the 12" tall FULL action G.I. Joe :cool:

I decided that the RocketRacks do need paint...not sure about the color yet.

Tried flat army olive drab (I like that color)

Gloss gray (naw! looked dumb!) painted it with Testor's Dullcoat...better!

Haven't tried flat black yet but I'm afraid with flat black you won't see the "SEMROC" logo that is so nicely laser cut in the surface.

This latest pick was one that I exaggerated the holder tube a bit to let it hold the rocket up higher...a little chin scratching, a pair of scissors, and some construction paper...viola!

Action pose!

sandman

Hey!

I just ran out of RocketRacks!

Gotta order more!

Heck...they are only $3 each postpaid!

sandman

Originally posted by sandman
I decided that the RocketRacks do need paint...not sure about the color yet.

Tried flat army olive drab (I like that color)

Gloss gray (naw! looked dumb!) painted it with Testor's Dullcoat...better!

Haven't tried flat black yet but I'm afraid with flat black you won't see the "SEMROC" logo that is so nicely laser cut in the surface.

This latest pick was one that I exaggerated the holder tube a bit to let it hold the rocket up higher...a little chin scratching, a pair of scissors, and some construction paper...viola!

Action pose!

sandman

Interesting...

I'm displaying my son's Ion Pulsar, so I thought I might paint the stand gold - to match the two gold rings on the model. I don't have to worry about covering up the Semroc logo as I decided to go for that sterile and un-adorned look... (Read - "I screwed up and built it with the logo pointing down").

Nice pic... But if I started adding flames to my rockets I'd have to hear about how much time I have on my hands, and that might eventually lead to my having to do some real work.

Stephen

I saw these when I ordered my Laser x. They looked so great I ordered three. Got them all yesterday. I love these things. Thanks a bunch Carl! Saves me the headache trying to make my own. These look way better than anything I could "bash" together. And, at $3 you just can't beat them. Please do consider making a 24mm mount. That would rock!

My color for these... I really like the gloss yellow :D

BTW, the Laser X is an awesome kit. Thanks for bringing this one back with such great quality :) I'll be doing more business with Semroc for sure.

Regards,
Todd

Todd,

Here is a quick 24mm conversion: take a spent D casing, insert it backwards (that is, nozzle into the rocket), and viola: you now have an 18mm hole ready to be filled with a rocket rack!!

Originally posted by sandman
I'm gonna need a bigger rack!
LOL - I knew what the picture would be, before I opened it! :D

Glad you got your new camera before building this bird, Sandman!

Originally posted by astronboy
Todd,

Here is a quick 24mm conversion: take a spent D casing, insert it backwards (that is, nozzle into the rocket), and viola: you now have an 18mm hole ready to be filled with a rocket rack!!

Yup, that'd do it ;) My only concern is that some 24mm models might be too heavy for this design.

I just dry fit my first one together last night. I'd have glued it if it weren't for being on the phone helping my Dad with Trainz (love that program). But, I have to say this... this thing fits together perfectly. The joints are snug. Everything lines up. I haven't had to make any corrections to any parts. In fact I could put a rocket on it right now and it would hold together fine. Just have to give kudos to Semroc for producing some real quality stuff here. Thanks :)

Regards,
Todd

Back