Adhesive Backed Aluminized Mylar

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuyNoir

Reaction score
Anyone here know of a source for adhesive backed aluminized mylar in say 8 x 10 sheets? Everything I see online is in N-hundred foot rolls, where N is a large positive integer.

What are you wanting to use it for? I have used miles of aluminum foil tape for models. You can get a 6" wide by 50 yard long roll for 29 bucks.

Attachments

• GRAIN BIN 3 002.JPG
    GRAIN BIN 3 002.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 55
Yup, used it for that myself. I have covered NC with it. But if the OP wants it for streamer material, this stuff will NOT work. Would never unfold.

Attachments

• Top Flite P-47 PengieII 003.JPG
    Top Flite P-47 PengieII 003.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Rocket Pictures 033.JPG
    Rocket Pictures 033.JPG
    321.7 KB · Views: 41
What are you wanting to use it for?

Trying to improve the visibility of some boost gliders I'm working on. The old CMR aluminized mylar was quite thin and light and perfect for doing that. I'd like to find something similar and thus far have only found stuff that's pretty thick.

The tape that I posted is .0015 thick. If you are wanting to use it burnished down on wings or fuse, then it should work great. I have lots. If you need a bit I can send you some.

Trim Monokote too heavy for you?

I have used Mylar tape to completely decorate rockets. I hate paint.

It's not self-adhesive, but leaf sheets might do you. That's imitation silver leaf that's actually aluminum. There's also copper, and brass for imitation gold. You need the adhesive that goes with it, and some practice applying it.

https://www.flitemetal.com/
Click the 'Sample Requests' button.
Ordered the 36_Inch_Sample late last year. Took 3 weeks to arrive. The guy running the site has been known to not communicate via email. I received a paypal notice of order, but no emails from flite-metal that ordered was placed or shipped.
Looks like 5' and 10' lengths are also available.
Believe alot of the RC plane folks use flite-metal.

Back