Adept T400

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poll test

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

• Shut Up

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

• Shut Up

Results are only viewable after voting.

BlueNinja

Reaction score
Has anyone used one of these? I was kinda hoping to get a ham radio license and this looks like it would be an option for rocket recovery if i were to get said license... Adept claims 15miles LOS, I assume this is in perfect conditions like, say, Black Rock?

Blue

We're making some of our own transmitters in the 433mhz range. Don't know the absolute range yet but we figure it's probably in the 1.5-2.5 km range cuz we have a pretty powerful transmitter. The only place I'll need it is in the West where the closest town is 30km away. No one will notice!:)

Hmm- are you going from plans? The ones I've seen didn't look all that long range, I'll have to check that site. (Jbgizmo I think)

nope, custom done. We tested them to 400 yards but there was a lot of intereference from power lines. Hope to test further on Sunday.

I found a neat looking DIY job on JBgizmo, the temp and alt modules look kinda boring but I could probably set up the tracker.... Too many thoughts, so little time.....

I just looked at that thread, what is the range on those?

I am more interested in the Jbgizmo telemetry project, looks pretty simple if I leave out the temp/alt module, only problems are a 2500ft range on the ham frequencies and the schematic is a bit hard to understand.... Can't tell where to join wires and where not to.

Range for the JBGizmo kits depends on several things like battery strength, receiver strength and attenna direction. The range is typically about a mile, if you get a more sensitive reciever you should be able to detect the signal at a longer range.

I just noticed the altimeter and telemetry transmitter plans, guess I'll have to warm up my soldering iron.

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055

Back