Adept ALTS25 altimeter not working

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomBroad

Old Time Rocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Resurrected an old Adept ALTS25 from the parts box. Needed some work, like replacing connectors, but with all that done it seems to function correctly. Powers up OK, appropriate beeps for 0, 1, 2 charges connected. Trickle current on both charges (I use LEDs, properly polarized, for charge deployment detection and the advantage is faintly glowing LED to indicate 'active'). But when I test in my vacuum bottle -- NOTHING. No 300-ft launch detection, no charges fire, nothing. It just goes on beeping away "I'm ready for launch." New 12v battery. Ran *exactly* the same test with an ALTS2 and all worked fine, so it appears the altimeter itself is malfunctioning.

Any suggestions on diagnosis / repair / parts / anything would be appreciated.
Many a rocket has recovered fine using this venerable altimeter, so it would be a shame if it was dead.

My non-expert suggestion: Start by testing the pressure sensor. See if you can measure its native output to determine if its reading changes in pressure.

Back