Adept 22 Problems

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EeebeeE

Reaction score
I have an Adept 22 that has been functioning normally. All of a sudden, the apogee charge has fired with the rocket on the pad. I had it set for the main charge to fire 6 seconds after the apogee when it happened.

I removed the jumpers and now when I turn it on, with no circuits complete for apogee and main it beeped out "0"...slight delay...then "5,0,6,0", and wold not pull out of that cycle. Then I completed circuits for both apogee and main, it beeps outed 4-short beeps, then 0, slight delay, then 583, then 0, slight delay, 583 and stayed in that cycle.

I checked the battery voltage...9.44V, and after that turned it back on, Then it started beeping 4920. If I connected the main, it would beep 4920, then 2 short beeps, then a longer beep, and then repeat 4920. Every now and then I hear a random tone from somewhere else on the board. I checked voltage on both ends and it was 0.17. The amperage was 0.0001 mA.

I am probably throwing a lot of random issues around, but right now, this altimeter is grounded. I've never had an Adept 22 do this.

At $40 new about 2-3 years ago It probably is not worth fixing unless I could reprogram the firmware to see it that would solve the issue.

I have an Adept 22 that has been functioning normally. All of a sudden, the apogee charge has fired with the rocket on the pad. I had it set for the main charge to fire 6 seconds after the apogee when it happened.

it is now a museum piece. I agree regarding RRC2+, SLCF, and I would throw in the Eggtimer Quark and the AltusMetrum EasyMini as other options also - all small...

Back