Additive Aerospace - Projects

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Landru

Additive Aerospace
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
If you use any additive Aerospace products for your rockets, post your project photos/video and info to this thread, or to the Facebook page, and be entered to win a $20 credit at the end of the month!

Show off what you've been flying!

Sorry to contaminate this thread (I've flown plenty of Additive camera shrouds, they're great) but a request: a revision to the 54mm Smart Sled to fit a MARSA33LHD and a Gyro1 tilt module would be well-received, given the number of these units that were sold recently.

You may be hard pressed to fit all that MARSA stuff on the 54 sled. That is why I shied away from them. Those electronics are just too big for my builds.

Sorry to contaminate this thread (I've flown plenty of Additive camera shrouds, they're great) but a request: a revision to the 54mm Smart Sled to fit a MARSA33LHD and a Gyro1 tilt module would be well-received, given the number of these units that were sold recently.

Have you tried to fit a Marsa 33 on the 54mm? The holes look like they line up pretty well from what I can see online.

Not sure about the gyro unit, as the hole pattern is not posted. Someone have the mounting specs for that?

Not sure about the gyro unit, as the hole pattern is not posted. Someone have the mounting specs for that?
According to one post, the gyro board is 1x2 inches, not sure about the hole pattern.

0.8 x 1.6" #4 hole pattern

Last edited:
Also, even if the MARSA 33 won't fit on the 54mm sled, it will definitely for on the 75mm. Can anyone confirm that the hole pattern is actually there on any of the sleds?

You may be hard pressed to fit all that MARSA stuff on the 54 sled. That is why I shied away from them. Those electronics are just too big for my builds.
Having gotten a Marsa33LHD plus gyro board, you're right that getting it to fit in a 54mm rocket is going to be tough. The connectors are pretty high-profile and there's really not a lot of space in a 54mm rocket. I think it's probably hopeless with the Additive sled, alas.

The hole pattern is definitely there for the MARSA33 on the 98mm version, for two of them actually. I don't have the smaller sleds handy, and the tilt gadget holes are not there.

Video from Mike Nay looking up a 2-Stage Rocket with one of our Mobius Camera Shrouds!

Back