Adding to Rocksim

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marlin523

Reaction score
If a data file is opened with Excel, can I simply add info to the spreadsheet and have it appear in Rocksim? If so, what is the name of the file that takes mass objects. Thanks for your help.

Its in file "MODATA.CSV" in the Data folder.
You know you can change or add things through rocksim as well.
Think you just can't delete things.
Btw, if you're using Vista or Windows 7 you would need to go into properties and uncheck the read-only and possibly take control of the file.

Last edited:
Data can be inserted by right clicking and inserting a new horizontal line where you want the new info. Each vertical column has a specific dimension, description and material name. The header line tells what info to add. In MODATA the material column must be in the MATERIAL data file, or you can leave it blank if you know the weight. The name column can be anything. The type column is general or shockcord.
Hope this helps out. :)

I do understand that part. My issue is when I have complete my Excel editing and try to save it. Rocksim does not seem to recognize the Excel file I saved. I am saving the file to the same Rocksim DATA file.

Could be a file sharing issue where two programs are attempting to access the same file. I doubt if they spent any time in RS working that out considering it's a rarely needed feature. I'd exit RS then reopen it after you saved the file form Excel.

I'm not sure how the Mac Rocksim updates new info. You may need to copy the MODATA file to the "new_data" folder in your "data" folder like you are adding new info. This should update your new info.

Back