Add Ext Beeper to older Stratologger CF PCB

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wighty44

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to add the SL CF ext beeper to an older CF PCB - the model just before they revised the PCB for the 3-pin modular connector.

After reviewing some of the past TRF posts about the beeper, and comparing both PCBs it appears possible. If I haven't missed anything, all that is needed is:
(1) A connection to R14 (the 3.3v logic),
(2) The addition of a 33 ohm resistor (R18) for the +V line, and
(3) A ground connection

Of course this assumes the revised CF PCB/circuitry didn't include something not visible that would be important for the beeper's operation.

Has anyone done this? If so, anything I missed or something else? Is your mod working OK?

I don't have the answer for you, but have you asked PerfectFlite about this? They're really good about responding to questions via their website. I've always received responses back in a day or two.

Not yet, but I know that option exists. I was just wondering if anyone else had considered it and what their experience might have been. Guessing from the absence of replies it's not happening or not worth the effort.

Back