• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Acrylic fins or AV components

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REK

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Not sure if acrylic fins are allowed or usable in high power, but if they are I want to provide some services. I know of course most of these will be for either low or mid power. At work there are a bunch of scrap pieces of acrylic that are just lying around. I have a laser at my disposal and would like to make you guys fins or AV components.

I’ll later get prices and I hope they will be reasonable, but I wanted to see first if anyone is interested.

most of these scrap pieces are 0.22”, 0.11” and some 0.06”.

If you guys have custom designs, a DXF file is most prefered.

thank you

Perhaps suitable for an altimeter sled, but definitely not a material I'd use for fins in HPR. Curious offer, so thanks. 😊

Does the 0.06” have any flex to it or is it pretty rigid?

depends on the size, for example if you have a 1”x 3” and a 1”x 6” the 1”x 6” will experience more flex than the 1”x 3”.

But technically it will flex if you put some force to it.

Perhaps suitable for an altimeter sled, but definitely not a material I'd use for fins in HPR. Curious offer, so thanks. 😊

Yeah that is what I figured lol, next thing you see on a hard landing is fins breaking like glass. We do have half inch acrylic o_O

Unless you are building a crayon or a rocket that you want fins less visible.

Back