ACME Rocket scratch build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will Wile E. Coyote be going for a ride?

This is Tim Merritt's flown a few years ago.
DSC00723.JPGDSC00724.JPG

I think you need to bring it to AirFest and launch there! Very very cool!

I am planning on it bringing it to Airfest.

Speaking of Airfest...Can you believe my cousin scheduled her wedding the weekend of Airfest? I'm going to have to leave early Saturday go to a wedding ing Tulsa, OK and drive all the way back after the wedding is over! Some people are so inconsiderate. :smile:

Rhyno said:
Speaking of Airfest...Can you believe my cousin scheduled her wedding the weekend of Airfest? I'm going to have to leave early Saturday go to a wedding ing Tulsa, OK and drive all the way back after the wedding is over! Some people are so inconsiderate. :smile:

That is so wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

All right, here is the final pic with decals and everything. (Sorry for the poor quality only camera I had at the time) Looks like final weight will be at 10lbs. If it not windy I plan on launching it on an I365FJ which gives me an 8:1 thrust to weight ratio. If a little breezy probably and I435T which gives me about 17:1.

I will definately post some video (if I remember to turn on the camera, I seem to forget to do that sometimes.)

IMG_20120701_145110.jpg

All right, here is the final pic with decals and everything. (Sorry for the poor quality only camera I had at the time) Looks like final weight will be at 10lbs. If it not windy I plan on launching it on an I365FJ which gives me an 8:1 thrust to weight ratio. If a little breezy probably and I435T which gives me about 17:1.

I will definately post some video (if I remember to turn on the camera, I seem to forget to do that sometimes.)

View attachment 88657

I think black smoke would be a good choice for this one, keep it historically accurate!

That's exactly why I'm wanting to use the I365. The acme rocket has to have black smoke. Also forecast for Sunday is winds less than 5mph. Hope that holds. It can always change. It is Oklahoma after all.

Last edited:

View attachment 88657

That is just freaking awesome!

Well they just issued a burn ban for Tulsa County. It might actually be Airfest before we can fly this. (Think rain, rain, rain)

I finally got to this at Airfest on Sunday. The flight was beautiful. Straight as can be with the chute deploying right at the top. I couldn't have been more happy. I used an I600. Estimated altitude was 1700 feet. My videographer (10yr old son) didn't get the best video but one of my club members did get some video. I haven't had a chance to upload to YouTube yet. Hope to do that soon.

This is a very cool build. It is hard to believe that no one has made a kit of this.

Both Tripoli and NAR rules prohibit the launching of any vertebrate payloads; so you’ll have to go with a stuffed version of Wile E. Coyote.

I had thought of finding a stuffed coyote and having him parachute down seperately. Maybe next time.

Well, I finally got to launch the ACME Rocket again...I used an I600 again and it was beautiful. (Love the red flame) anyway since I didn't have pictures last time I figure I would upload some this time. It launched on June 9th at our local launch. Thanks for taking the pictures Bill!

Glens Acme1.jpg

Glens Acme2.jpg

Glens Acme.jpg

Well ACME flew again at Airfest 19. This time it was my backup level 2 rocket. I attempted my level 2 on a LOC MAgnum. It decided to take 8 seconds to come up to pressure before launching. Well lets just say that the delay grain worked just fine. At approximately motor burn out the ejection charge went off and zippered the Magnum. It also ripped out the U-bolt and some 1/4" ply while it was at it. Needless to say I'm glad I brought a backup. ACME on a J500. It was awesome!
Here are a few pictures.

Glens Acme5.jpg

Glens Acme1.jpg

Glens Acme2.jpg

Glens Acme4.jpg

Well ACME flew again at Airfest 19. This time it was my backup level 2 rocket. I attempted my level 2 on a LOC MAgnum. It decided to take 8 seconds to come up to pressure before launching. Well lets just say that the delay grain worked just fine. At approximately motor burn out the ejection charge went off and zippered the Magnum. It also ripped out the U-bolt and some 1/4" ply while it was at it. Needless to say I'm glad I brought a backup. ACME on a J500. It was awesome!
Here are a few pictures.

Let me just add that this was a WICKEDLY cool flight! Despite its cartoonish appearance, the ACME always flies true, but never as well as it did for Glen's L2 at AIRFest.

Most awesome, and congrats on your Level 2! Do you have a Rocksim or Open Rocket file for the Acme rocket?

I have an open rocket file. What's the best way to share it?

BTW Here's a close up picture. Thanks Justin!

ACME CloseUp.jpg

Last edited:
Glen,

You used to be able to attach .ork files under the "Go Advanced" then "Manage Attachments" option...

I have an open rocket file. What's the best way to share it?

BTW Here's a close up picture. Thanks Justin!

Awesome launch pic! Yes, you can post Open Rocket and Rocksim files just like you do photos.

Here are a few pictures.

wow it fly very straight congrats , with your rocket Wild E will catch another bird, cause he already catch one with my Asus ROG bike

Area66EggXpert.jpg

Last edited:
That's awesome! It must feel "Cartoonlike" to watch it in person. Nice Work!

Back