Accolades for New Way

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Rob Caswell

Reaction score
I'm only on my second New Way build, but I've been having great fun with these kits (more than I expected!) and am REALLY looking forward to the release of the USS Element... whenever that happens.

This is build #2 for me and is ready to catch some air this weekend! This is the Silent Knight - another of my birthday kits from my awesome wife. I didn't go with the "mfgr recommended" finish, which was matte black with glossy markings. Instead I used a base coat of Tamiya Gun Metal and used the decals from the New Way "N-21 Sky Fighter" to try and achieve a kind of stealth cruise missile vibe. (Note: I made my own decals for the N-21, so I had these leftover) I did the black band with some Monokote trim sheet.

Another really fun build! I described it to a friend as "what if a B-2 and the Washington Monument had a baby". I really dig the New Way kits.... and the whole "Square Force" thing is a hoot.
SK2.jpg
SK4.jpg
SK3.jpg
SK1.jpg

Rob Caswell

Reaction score
And here's my "N-21 Sky Fighter". I went with an overall gray, but used my own custom decals. For most of the lettering I used the kit decal imagery (scanned), but went with a medium gray instead of black. This still needs a clear coat of Future/Pledge to secure the decals and even out the finish.

NOTE: I redesigned the kill marks into circles instead of plane silhouettes, as it makes sense that the circles are the enemies of the squares ;)

n21-1.jpg
n21-2.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts