about you

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoJo

Reaction score
i thought to get to know you guys better we should have and "about you thread" so here goes.... im joe (hence the name JoJo) im 13 and i love rockets. when im not flying rockets im playing paintball. i can be found on theis forum (same name...JoJo)https://www.paintballtimes.com/index.asp. im also president of my middle school chess club ( yes im a looser:rolleyes: ) overall im not that exciting... heres what i look like

Originally posted by JoJo
i thought to get to know you guys better we should have and "about you thread" so here goes.... im joe (hence the name JoJo) im 13 and i love rockets. when im not flying rockets im playing paintball. i can be found on theis forum (same name...JoJo)https://www.paintballtimes.com/index.asp. im also president of my middle school chess club ( yes im a looser:rolleyes: ) overall im not that exciting... heres what i look like

Joe,

You aren't a looser if you can build and fly model rockets! I have been building rockets on and off for over 30 years now. I even write articles about them.

The paint ball gun should come in handy for getting model rockets out of trees. Do they make non-marking paintballs that could be used for this purpose?

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055

Originally posted by teflonrocketry1
Joe,

The paint ball gun should come in handy for getting model rockets out of trees.

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055

i've tested this on several occasions. a long stick is the better option:p . i could give you so much info on paintball your website would probably crash. if your really intrested check out the link. :p .

jojo:
you shouldn't call yourself a looser just because you play chess....chess is a game that requires a great deal of concentartion and focusing of mental energy... You seem like a good kid to me so lighten up on yourself some.....

as for being "exciting" you have all the time in the world to be "exciting"...

when I was your age I was a member of a school model rocketry club and perhaps I wasn't considered cool by the other kids, at least we had a lot of fun with our rocketry activities...

Originally posted by Max_Power004
chess rules!!

Chess is a wonderful game to play...
I taught my son to play starting around 5 years old... and now at 9 years he can woop my pants off...
It really is a great way to relax and talk and be competitive all at the same time... The wife plays as well...
I just wish I hadn't taught them so well...LOL

If you fly rockets you are a loser, you have to lose at least one rocket, or at least parts of them!

shrox

What the heck is wrong with chess? its the best board-game in teh world! I love chess....

I also like golf, raquetball, and baseball for sports... But then there is my real reason for living:

ROCKETRY!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by shockwaveriderz
jojo:
you shouldn't call yourself a looser just because you play chess

hehe you sound like my guidance counsler lol. but this is the about you thread people. talk more about yourselve....pics hobbies whatever you want as long as it's about you.

Hi JoJo,
Well, it's nice to meet you.
First off I want to tell you that it is obvious that the young people that visit this forum are not your average booger eating moron kids. I have been, and continue to be impressed with how intelligent, articulate, and aware of current events our "TRF Whipper-snappers" are! (Neil, you too... You were the only one to remeber to tell about yourself, lol)
Another example is in Mr. Flis' thread where a young man adapts, overcomes, and conquers, his metric ruler.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8206
My son is eight years old. It is clear he is not going to be an athelete. He loves chess, uses RocSim, he is not your average booger eating moron kid either, and I'm proud of him.

OK, on to me now. I am a father of 3 great kids. (and they have a cool dad) I worked construction and played in a band in my early 20's. We lived in a bad neighborhood. Too bad of a place to raise a family. I came home from work one day and told my wife to pack. She asked me where we were going? I told her I didn't know, just start packing. I made a career change too. (It's hard to raise a family since construction is feast or famine) Four years later, I live on a small farm. We are remodeling the house, rebuilding fences for the animals to come. We have 3 dogs, (Yellow Lab, English Setter, St. Bernard) turtles, hamsters, a turantula, six ducks, six chickens, a 75 gallon fish tank with an Oscar, we have a pond, and a great field to fly rockets! Kids today in the area I live just don't grow up this way anymore.

Anyway, I didn't mean for this to become an autobiography, but I hope you feel like I answered you like an intelligent young man and not just some kid.
Be good;)
nomo

Hey Nomo. *Where* did you find a farm in Northern Virginia??? Must be Loudon or Prince William, 'cause I *know* there's no farms in my neighborhood in Springfield. Also, don't forget there's a NOVAAR sport launch this saturday at Great Meadow. Good place to bring the kids and get some launching in. Introduce yourself if you see a guy with an orange & blue deuce's wild.

...errr...about me: Turn 40 this year. 3 kids. 1 wife. Live and work in DC suburbs. Used to work in rocket motor industry. Hated it (long story). Moved on. Do other things now.

JoJo,
A walk around my house would reveal rockets in several rooms and even a couple VERY dusty chess trophies. Lately, rocket-building has pretty much filled up my chess time, and I find it pretty much performs the same function: Both provide endless hours of relaxation and leave you with a feeling of accomplishment, even if you lose the game or lose the rocket in a tree.
Best life lesson of all, young man: To thine own self be true. Don't let other people label you.

Erm..
Hello my names Phil. I live in England. I'm 14. If I'm not doing anything rocketry related I'm either working, at school, doing homework or sleeping. Thats it! I run WiK WeB Corp., a new web design company which launched about a month ago. (PS: Expect a decent personal rocketry site soon!) We have a website for CHACE Engineering in the works.

Paintball is cool! I've played it 6 times now I think.

Sports: RUGBY!

Phil

ahem.....
i'm 15, cyber school in 10th gade, live in PA, need a job, and am hoplessly addicted to rockets (but we all are..) I love CAP (Civil Air Patrol) and have a basset hound... i also hunt, used to collect rocks and coins, play tennis, and i think thats about it..... oh, i also love playing around with my website (tho right now i need to work on school more, end of the year and finals are killing me) and mixing up vidios in iMovie...
ok, next up?

JoJo
Chess is with out doubt the greatest game on the planet.My chess club is at the pub.

Yea,
I played chess is school too kid. I now have three houses and about 25 people working for me. I wonder where those guys who called me a geek are today? Guess I'll wave at them as I pass by in my Benz. Stick your head in the books and STUDY STUDY STUDY!!
The best revenge in life is looking good kid.

I'm 16 and play chess every now and then. I got good at it for a while back in 6th-7th grade, then it kinda faded away. Now it's rockets.

I do allright in school and play for the HS varsity hockey team.

Originally posted by illini868891
Hey Nomo. *Where* did you find a farm in Northern Virginia??? Must be Loudon or Prince William, 'cause I *know* there's no farms in my neighborhood in Springfield. Also, don't forget there's a NOVAAR sport launch this saturday at Great Meadow. Good place to bring the kids and get some launching in. Introduce yourself if you see a guy with an orange & blue deuce's wild.

...errr...about me: Turn 40 this year. 3 kids. 1 wife. Live and work in DC suburbs. Used to work in rocket motor industry. Hated it (long story). Moved on. Do other things now.

hey dude im gonna be there this saturday (tmorrow) mabey i'll se you there. (i'll be the kid in the pic posted above (duh) and i'll have a red ALARM so i should be easy to spot)

Im Karl , im 14 years old (15 in sept) , and totaly addicted to rocketry (And TRF ;)). Ive only ever built 1 'good looking' rocket , all the rest are only 'flyable' but hey i'll learn!
Been into rocketry for 2 years now , flew LPR for a year and attended WRS launches , this year calls for HPR HPR HPR !!!!
I like to 'try' and build my own electronics , launch pads ect...
Well thats enough about me !
-Karl

I just turned 16. I used to have lots of hobbies, but now I go to boarding school, so I dont do as much. I still play Football Hockey and Lacrosse at school, and am a member of the Submarine team, the head of Rocket Club, and me and a bunch of other kids are making an experiment which will be sent into space sometime soon. I am also interested in Astronomy.

During the summer I work, in order to get money for rocketry. (every year the amount of money I spend increases exponentially

HI JOJO, Anyone who says chess make you a looser is the looser! They just dont have brains! Enjoy & have fun with rockets, have been into it since the 1960's!!

hey dude im gonna be there this saturday (tmorrow) mabey i'll se you there. (i'll be the kid in the pic posted above (duh) and i'll have a red ALARM so i should be easy to spot)

JoJo,

I was there from about 12 to 2 with 4 kids. I didn't see you, but you may have seen a couple of my *loser* flights! I had a Deuce's Wild where one of the engines didn't fire and it dragged the clip whip up with it to about 50 feet. Pretty spectacular. I also had a Flis Nomad launched in 2 stage configuration, but the second stage didn't separate and so this flew to only about 100 feet. Roasted the innards of the first stage. I seem to be specializing in low altitude failures. Hope to see you at the next launch in June.

yep i saw some of those flights

Anything to entertain the masses :) Hopefully, next month's flights will fly a wee bit higher.

I just turned 41 (going on 14). Married to the same beautiful woman for seventeen years; have two great kids 13 and 8. They tell me Yoda is just a puppet but I'm not convinced. Four cats, tankful of fish, Buddha out by the birdbath. My love of baseball is inversely proportionate to my ability to play. Not wealthy but rich in the right ways. Oh yeah - ROCKETS!!!

I hated high school: I was into rockets and Star Trek, all that uncool stuff; picked on mercilessly by those mindless cliques. This was before the WWW: no way to connect with all those other loners out there! Went to college and found other people with interests like mine.

Hang in, Jojo. It gets better as you get older.

55 and counting. Married to the same wonderful beauty (my better 2/3rds) for almost 28 years, 4 kids, all grown, home-schooled and college graduates. They are now spread all over the world, Germany, Italy, California and the youngest still in post grad school in PA.
Been involved with Rocketry in one from or another since 1959. Got into model rocketry in 1963.. Which by the way I truely believe saved my life after loosing a close friend to a Launch pad amateur rocketry accident in 1962.
Loved every minute of my youth! Eagle Scout, Rock Band leader song writer, Ocean City summer long Lifeguard, Blonde-Blue eyed high-school quarterback Yes at one time I had some hair;)...and High-School DROP-OUT. Like many 16 & 17 year olds, being the math and Science wiz.. I just knew more than anyone...teachers, parents, peers, I knew EXACTLY where I was going and what I'd be doing! Yeah Right! if I knew NOW what i thought I knew than I'd be one smart cookie! I Finally Graduated from Corcoran School of Art night school as a commerical/graphic artist at 22. Not Even Close to the Path I "Knew" i'd be traveling...STAY IN SCHOOL. Believe me its a lot easier!
Went to work as a designer/layout man for a Large commerical Sign company, 5 years later transfered into Purchasing, Estimating and Poject Management. Have worked in every shop in the company including neon tube bending..38years later, i'm still here, Designing and building darn near anything you can think of.
JoJo: I love Chess, been playing since I was 10, do the things you enjoy...
I still play guitar ever chance I get, do as much cabinet making, wookwork, metal work, leatherwork, as I can.
Camping, canoeing, just about anything outdoors. while my Hiking & Backpacking are now limited by knees abused as a youth in football, sky diving, rock climbing, hang gliding etc, Rmemeber WE PAY for Our youth! Try as many things as you can handle....Except bungee jumping which is just plan STUPID!
My philosophy has alway been if I can't make it... I don't need it:) Well: Except for motors;) MY earnest advice to everyone is to TRY to do whatever you need to accomplish or make. Dont' be afraid to expemiment with new tools, techniques, or materials. Try to expand your knoledge everyday. A very wise man (My father-NRL Vanguard project) once told me "Can't never Could" I try to live by that every single day! Plumbing is the worst! Micro-Maxx is the very Best:D

Back