AARM 50+2

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hutch

Reaction score
It looks like the Edmonton Rocketry Club is going ahead with the AARM competition in Alberta next summer, July 16, 17 2022.

I'm not sure if the events are the same as what was planned before, but I'm hoping someone here (Mike Latta? Chris Broadbent? Garth Illerbrun?) could fill us in.

I'm hoping to attend - road trip from the west coast, dragging along a friend who has been "out of it" for many years (decades).

Possible events?

A parachute duration
A streamer duration
A altitude
B boost glider
D egg loft
Scale
Open spot landing

Dave the events are as stated, not sure if the Morinville site will be the location, or the ERC's new site near Leduc, regardless it should be fun. I am trying to get a bunch of our junior members from the ASSC Nar #794 section to compete. I suspect that there will be competitors from across western Canada, and possibly a couple from Ontario and Seattle. Memories of the old day's from the 1970's.

Bruce, the Albertan High-Power community should seriously consider attending, even though Mid-Power will be the limit, as this goes back to the very roots of the hobby in Canada. We had a great time back in 2010, a full two day event, a banquet, meet and great, lots of paraphernalia from the 1970's and early 80's. An extremely well run event, great prizes , Roger, Patty , Paul and grandson in attendance all from Canaroc/SMI . Plus you can fly for an entire weekend all for the price of a single K motor!

Competition plans are available on Ye Olde Rocket plans website, under the company Competition Model Rockets, or in the electronic version of "Model Rocketry Magazine" located on the Ninfinger Model Rocket Website.

Let's support the Edmonton Club as they organize this event.

Garth Illerbrun
CAR S04 L3
NAR 26894 L2

Dave this should be cross posted in Canadian Rocketry section of the forum.

Garth

I will be out if I can make it Garth! Had a blast at Morinville in 2010. Had no idea how to build competition rockets then, but maybe I will go shopping at ASP this time 😁

Bruce, yes ASP Rocketry has many competition kits that are appropriate for AARM 50+2, plus Andy Jackson (ASP) are having their annual Black Friday sale right now. Check it out!

Garth Illerbrun

Back