AAF near the Cape?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackball74

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there used to be an army airfield somewhere in the vicinity of Titusville, possibly west of 95? I was on a road trip through the area yesterday and had a recollection of a sign that (I believe) used to be at the exit for highway 46. If memory serves me right, it was taken down sometime in the late '80s.

I know there was something closer to Orlando, where they found several unexploded ordinance rounds when I lived in the area (2006-2009), and Orlando's Airport code is MCO because it was originally McCoy Field.

There is Patrick Air Force base a bit south of Titusville and there is the Kennedy Space Center airfield, yanno where the shuttle used to land. There are multiple small airports around tville, Authur Dunn, Space Coast Regional (this one has the Valiant Air Command Warbird museum), but it south of hw50 on columbia blvd. There is one out west of 95 near hw 46, I think that's the Sanford airport? But it's a good ways west of 95.

Back