AAAHHH! It's like an addiction!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trailboss

Reaction score
Just stopped at the hobby store at lunch (probably a bad idea) and couldn't help picking up a Quest Big Betty. It's like an addiction, all the rockets are soooo cool, I gotta stop buying so many.

Anyone else build a Big Betty?

Any tips or cool pictures of yours?

TrailBoss

Well, if you think that's bad, stop at a Meijer in Michigan and pick up a Baby Bertha, Fat Boy or a Bullpup in the "launchables" package and run them under the nearest skanner for a price check!

Apparently sombody at Meijer's higher up messed up.

Those particular models are skanning at 80 cents (YES, I said EIGHTY CENTS!!!)

I filled up a cart!

sandman

trailboss - rocketry is not like an addiction, it IS an addiction :D

sand - at 80 cents I would have bought them out also!

Did you clean them out, or is there something left?

If you could pick up ten or twenty for me, I will be delighted to pay you to throw 'em in a box and ship them down here. What do you say?

sand - at 80 cents I would have bought them out also!

Well, DUHHH!

My wife even stopped at another Meijer and got me 3 more...She said she couldn't resist!

sandman

Originally posted by trailboss
Just stopped at the hobby store at lunch (probably a bad idea) and couldn't help picking up a Quest Big Betty. It's like an addiction, all the rockets are soooo cool, I gotta stop buying so many.

You talk about that like it's a bad thing... :D

i used to be obsessed with rockets,now i just think about them all day long:D :D :D

I find myself looking at any open space I drive by and assess its suitability for launch activity.

Originally posted by graylensman
I find myself looking at any open space I drive by and assess its suitability for launch activity.

ah yes I do this too....and sometimes I end up staring at rockets I want all day long in magazines and online

Earlier this year we made a road trip from DC to west Texas. I can't count how many nice open areas I passed :)

And don't get me started on eyeballing random stuff that can be turned into rockets. The stuff is everywhere!

Originally posted by graylensman
Same here ... I can't drive, so I can spend longer drooling at the open fields, as we dirve by.

Years ago I learned to juggle. My teacher said that I'll never be able to look at three similar sized objects again, without assessing their juggleability. Same thing, differant jacket.

Im in Illinois and i just looked up that store. They have one about 20 minutes from here .. gonna get my butt down there this week and see if im as lucky as you sandmam!

Deb

Everytime my mom and I drive by big fields I go "Ooooh! Lookie, ROCKET FIELD!!!" Too bad we keep on driving. :( I would have cleaned out the store if they were only $.80. I wish I had one of those here.

P.S. Welcome to the forum Mrs. Bowhunter. Oh no, there's 2 of you! Aaaaaahhhh! :eek: Just kidding. ;) :p :D

Originally posted by havoc821

P.S. Welcome to the forum Mrs. Bowhunter. Oh no, there's 2 of you!

looks like a better arm myself......click clik (shotgun cocking). alright im ready

Originally posted by trailboss

Anyone else build a Big Betty?

Any tips or cool pictures of yours?

TrailBoss

Here's a picture of the first Big Betty I built. It ended up hanging in a tree at NARAM 41 on it's first flight.

I have built another Big Betty and flown it several times.

So let me get this straight, it's a good thing to wake up in the morning and the first thing you think of is rockets? I have been trying to convince my wife of this for some time now. LOL:D :D
My ritual every morning is to check out ebay and ROL for what's newly posted, and of course I have to bid on something. Out here in Cal. we don't have any of those stores mentioned earlier, although I did go to a, I think it was Micheals or some type of craft store, and they had a Space shuttle for only $10. Only bought one, this was almost 15 yrs. ago.
Last year Micheals had marked down their D-12-5 to 1.99. went to every store I could find and cleaned 'em out. So I guess that counts.:p :p

heck, the first thing my WIFE thinks about now, when she wakes up, is rockets... :D

Of course, it's usually something like "When are we going to get these d*mn body tubes downstairs" ... LOL

ROCKETS! The breakfast of champions!

in the office break room I've started referring to the coffee stirrers as launch lugs. That gets some interesting looks.

My eight-year-old daughter has to write sentences using her spelling words for the week. To keep her going, we make a game of it: she writes hers down, I think up one, then we share.

So last night we're about to do this and she says, "NO SENTENCES ABOUT ROCKETS OR SPACE." Okay, fine...

The word is <i>wishes</i>. My sentence: "Dad wishes Meghan would let him make up sentences about rockets or space."

She was not amused...

Stopped by a hobby shop in Tacoma , Wa. Monday picked up two Mean Machines,s @16.00ea. and a Renagade 1st shop I've been with 50 + estes kits in one place. . Every one screaming at me take me take me home,take me home. Rockets need love to....

John
BAR

Oh, BTW, that's the first thing I do in the mornings too. I think about rockets. It's kinda hard not to, when you wake up and see the attached picture's view!

Everything I see I try to handle to check out it's suitability for use in a rocket, or drool over thinking about what I *could* do with it IF I was allowed to touch it or keep it!

I HAVE IT BAD!!!

AND I AM PROUD OF IT!

:D :D :D

Jason

Back