A9/A10 Two-Stager

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grif Ingram

Reaction score
Calling the designer of that A9/A10 Two-Stager that used to be on this forum! I have found a paper model designer who might be able to design this rocket - would it be alright to use your "Got a stick of Beamans, Doctor von Braun?" colour scheme? And could you post some pictures? Once this design is done as a static model, someone can work out how to make it flyable!
Grif

I don't know if it's my A9/A10 you mean, but I have built one. In theory the A9 should stage, but I've never tried it, although I have test flown the A10 with the A9 taped in place and the whole lot recovering on the A10's parachute. The A9 itself has flown many times.

For staging, one option is to use electronics. In mine, though, the A10 has a three-motor cluster, one of which is ducted up to the A9. The other two eject the A10's nose cone, which has a piston that slides over the duct. Extra centring rings around the piston form a compartment which holds the A10's parachute.

a-10.jpg

0021a10down_small.jpg

Back