A TARC Question.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandman

Reaction score
As most of you know I make custom parts, transitions, nose cone, etc.

I have been contacted by a TARC team to make them some custom parts specifically a custom nose cone and transition.

My thought was and correct me, please, if I'm wrong, was that a TARC team couldn't purchase custom made parts.

Am I wrong on this?

Last edited:
Looks like you're right.

https://www2.aia-aerospace.org/tarc/pdf/2009_rules.pdf - Rule 2: ...No part of any of these may be done by any adult, by a company (except by the sale of standard off-the-shelf components available to the general public, but not kits or designs for the event), or by any person not a student on that team.

Last edited:
As most of you know I make custom parts, transitions, nose cone, etc.

I have been contacted by a TARC team to make them some custom parts specifically a custom nose cone and transition.

My thought was and correct me, please, if I'm wrong, was that a TARC team couldn't purchase custom made parts.

Am I wrong on this?

From my understanding, that's correct. I'll search the TARC list for a conversation from a month or two ago that covered this. Back in a minute or two....

EDIT: Found the more recent post!

Trip Barber to NARTARC
show details Jan 31

Per the TARC rules, students must fabricate by themselves
any "custom" parts used in their rockets. They can buy standard-
stock items from any manufacturer but they cannot use a custom-made
part where some professional or adult who is not a student member of
the team did the custom-making.

Trip Barber
NAR TARC Manager

Last edited:
Back