A story with a happy ending...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsexton

Reaction score
About 8 weeks ago I lost my BSD 4" Horizon to the "Tree Gods" at a club launch. When the last of the Fall leaves finally fell a friend spotted my rocket dangling from a very tall tree. My friend convinced a "tree man" to go retieve my rocket using his expertise and tools of the trade. My Horizon was rained on, snowed on and otherwise mistreated by Mother Nature for almost 6 weeks.

My Horizon was returned to me this past weekend at a launch in Culpeper, VA. I promptly cleaned her up as best I could, loaded a Pro38 H153 and let her rip. It was my first and best flight of the day. Other than a few scratches, dings and a coupler in need of some minor repair my Horizon is in great shape!:cool:

You just can't beat those BSD paper rockets.

Can I use those pictures on the web site?

Did ya expect anything less..? :D heh heh....

Glad to hear it came back to ya that's a good deal...Sounds like the tree guy needs a big thank you...

Not a surprise though to us Horizon owners.. :D Them things be tanks....

Originally posted by bsdrocketry
Can I use those pictures on the web site?
Of course you may - I will even send you higher resolution pictures if you prefer.

Originally posted by firemanup
Sounds like the tree guy needs a big thank you...
Well, the tree guy actually cost me $50 and a big thank you -- but it was well worth it considering the investment.

$50? You got off cheap.

I was at a launch where a few rockets got hung in the power lines. A flyer called the power company for removal. They recovered the rockets and returned them to the owners. A few weeks later, the land owner gets this bill for $750 from the power company for removal of the rockets.

Later we found out that had the flyers had their contact information on the rockets and not called, the line crew would have removed them for FREE. It appears the line crews check the lines every few days and know rockets go to a particular land owner where rockets are flown.

Back