A song stuck in your head?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missileman

Reaction score
We have done the "what's your favorite song?" Favorite band ect...
But during the course of life quite often you have a song in your head. You may not even like the song but none the less there it is.
For me a song has been stuck there for 3 days now and I can't seem to shake it.
The song is: Stuck in the Middle With You by Stealers Wheel.
What song is in your head right now?
If there isn't one now what was the last one that got stuck there?

right now it's "The Ability To Swing" and "Budapest By Blimp" from Thomas Dolby's "Aliens Ate My Buick" album.

Girls Aloud - "Love Machine" --- yes, I'm not happy with that! :)

For some strange reason I end up with the following songs a lot:

"Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner" -Warren Zevon
"Food around the corner, No more meatless Tuesdays for me!" - Elmer Fudd cartoon from the 40's.
"I think I'm a Clone now", and others - Weird Al Yankovich
"It's a small world" - Disney
"Just another Manic Monday.." - Bangles?
"Buch Dich" (and others) Rammstein
Bavarian drinking songs that won't pass the censorware.
"I'm just a bill.."
"Conjunction Junction, what's your function..."

and for some strange reason, Silent Night sung in German.

Harm non,

ResearchWorm

Aaarrgh! I've got that song in my head now Mike! :mad: :kill: <--me

Phil

Lately!

Bethoven's 5th symphony, "Ode to Joy" but that's not a bad thing!:D

The Thrills - What ever happend to Corey Hai
Mudvayne - Not Falling ( From the Ghost Ship soundtrack )
LL Cool J .feat J.Timbaland - Head Sprung ( Excellent tune )

But most of all.......

The Apex Theory - Apossibly

Karl

frighteningly two songs that I don't even really like the artists all that much:

Stevie Nicks-Stand Back
Huey Lewis-The Heart of Rock and Roll

but they keep on getting mixed together like this...

"Stand Back Stand Back From the Heart of Rock and Roll"

Andy

This week i have been mostly humming: The Bus Station Loonie's version of The Sister's of Mercy's "Temple of Love"

A blinkin' Christmas carol in November - Oh come all ye faithfull.
And the reason - I started humming it when I was reading the USMC thread here, and got subconciously linked with the Semper Fidelis bit (Deste Fidelis)
:confused:

it is referred to as an "earworm". You hear a song and it burrows into your ear/brain and you keep hearing it all day (or all week).

One of the most dangerous earworms is "It's A Small World".

Originally posted by missileman
But during the course of life quite often you have a song in your head. You may not even like the song but none the less there it is.

This is definately the most dangerous of all earworms. After reading North Star's post it's stuck in me now.

I imagine that the earworms look and act like those things that they put in the ear in Star Trek - The Wrath of Khan. Nasty little things:D

IT'S EATING MY BRAIN!

Don't have one right now, but for much of last week it was "One Week" by Bare Naked Ladies.

WW

The intro to Carmina Burana - Fortuna imperatrix mundi...not such a bad thing, though.

after reading the this thread I have "It's a small world" stuck in my head. I think we should ask the moderators to ban all posts that mention it. gahh!!!!! gimme back my Thomas Dolby!!

Originally posted by texasck1
I imagine that the earworms look and act like those things that they put in the ear in Star Trek - The Wrath of Khan. Nasty little things:D

IT'S EATING MY BRAIN!

"Ahhh...now, Commander Chekhov, Captain Terrell...now, you will buy Chrysler Cordoba!"

My personal earworm:

"Dancing Queen" by ABBA. I also refer to this as my "trump song" -- if I have another song stuck in my head, "Dancing Queen" can always eradicate it. :D

...leise Nacht, heilige Nacht...

Originally posted by ResearchWorm
For some strange reason I end up with the following songs a lot:

"Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner" -Warren Zevon
"Food around the corner, No more meatless Tuesdays for me!" - Elmer Fudd cartoon from the 40's.
"I think I'm a Clone now", and others - Weird Al Yankovich
"It's a small world" - Disney
"Just another Manic Monday.." - Bangles?
"Buch Dich" (and others) Rammstein
Bavarian drinking songs that won't pass the censorware.
"I'm just a bill.."
"Conjunction Junction, what's your function..."

and for some strange reason, Silent Night sung in German.

Harm non,

ResearchWorm

Originally posted by kenobi65
"Ahhh...now, Commander Chekhov, Captain Terrell...now, you will buy Chrysler Cordoba!"

I had always thought that line should have been: "Ahhh...now, Commander Chekhov, Captain Terrell, welcome to Fantasy Island!"

Bill

Since I was in Las Vegas a couple of months ago and heard it there, Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline" is firmly imbedded in my head!!!

Originally posted by missileman

Don't remember what song was the last one that got stuck. I used to have a real problem with this, but no more. Now I have a song that I start playing in my head over the stuck one, and the stuck one gets kicked out. That song is "With You There To Help Me" by Jethro Tull.

I still do have a problem with spoken phrases getting stuck. A couple days ago I woke up quoting a line from Monty Python: "Not much of a cheese shop, is it?" It wouldn't go away until I said it out loud.

Originally posted by DynaSoar
"Not much of a cheese shop, is it?"

I don't want to throw off the thread but I just have to say aloud...

"Well, it's certainly uncontaminated by cheese"

planet

"Switchin' To Glide" by The Kings and "Caledonia" by Robin Trower. I heard Robin Trower on XM last night, so that's understandable, but "Switchin' To Glide" is just one of those songs that pops in on occasion.

luden wainright's "Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road"

i hum that darn thing all the time...

later
Jerryb

Originally posted by rstaff3
The theme from the Andy Griffith show...don't ask me why :confused:
Dick-

Are you a "Scrubs" fan by any chance?:D

Another vote here for Thomas Dolby - "One Of Our Submarines" is permanently burned into my wetware.

"China Girl" - Iggy Pop's original version, not Bowie's cover. Which is good, cuz when it escapes my brain through my mouth, it doesn't sound so bad...

Originally posted by cydermaster
This week i have been mostly humming: The Bus Station Loonie's version of The Sister's of Mercy's "Temple of Love"

Aaargh - you got me!

In de temble ov lub (lub, lub, lub lub)...

I have this terminal disease. The day is shot if I wake up and hear "The Lion Sleeps Tonight". All day hearing "A Wingo Wap, A Wingo Wap, A Wingo Wap followed by WEEEEEEEEeeeeeeEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeAWALLOOWAAAA" really turns me into a physco crazed gerbil killer.

Of coarse listening to anything Tom Jones sings really gives me the same effect. Thats because he's all my dad would play on long road trips resulting in my lifelong emotional scar towards Tom Jones.

At lunch I heard the "Love Boat Theme", this is going to be a long day:(
Scott

Latest posts

Back