A report of trouble with OR's graphics...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
In my OR files thread, I've gotten a report that my .ork files are not including the graphics that I've created them with. This is the first I've ever heard of someone having that trouble.

Would someone open the attached .ork file, and check the 3D view to see if they can see the rocket with the decals? If they could do a screen grab and post it, I'd appreciate it. I'd also love to see what it looks like rendered in RocSim.

Presuming that it's not the file, anybody have an idea on why this one person would be having this trouble?

Thanks!
Jim

Attachments

• Estes Marauder (KL-3)(Cold-Power Convertible).ork
    9.9 KB · Views: 25
J'im
I looked at the file shortly after the comment about not seeing the decals, what I saw looked like pic you posted( I did see the cg/cp markings though) so I don't believe that it is the fault of the file(sorry no screenie at this time).
R'ex

J'im
I looked at the file shortly after the comment about not seeing the decals, what I saw looked like pic you posted( I did see the cg/cp markings though) so I don't believe that it is the fault of the file(sorry no screenie at this time).
R'ex

Thanks R'ex

I can understand the CG/CP markings (I edit those out).

Last edited:
Works fine for me too.

Untitled.jpg

One thought: Are the original textures possibly NPOT(non-power-of-two)? Are the either the width and/or height resolutions a not a power of two such as 128,256,512,1024,2048,etc. Some graphics hardware doesn't like textures that are not a power of two. I've seen this with some android games I was working on where all my textures disappeared on Tegra4 devices. Re-sized them to 512x1024 and all was good.

Might be worth a try

Works fine for me too.

View attachment 310254

One thought: Are the original textures possibly NPOT(non-power-of-two)? Are the either the width and/or height resolutions a not a power of two such as 128,256,512,1024,2048,etc. Some graphics hardware doesn't like textures that are not a power of two. I've seen this with some android games I was working on where all my textures disappeared on Tegra4 devices. Re-sized them to 512x1024 and all was good.

Might be worth a try

My images tend to be 100 pixels to the inch (or occasionally 200 pixels to the inch), so a 9.5" BT-50 body tube will get an image that is 950x307 pixels (accounting for rounding to the nearest whole pixel) or 1900x613 pixels. I don't remember any image that would use any power of 2 dimension in any orientation. So, if that was the problem, I'm sure that I'd have heard of it long before now.

you're the one with a glottal stop in their screen name :). speaking of screens, here is mine (somewhat resized). I did peak into the file, and yes all the graphics(decals) are 'in there' (to quote a tomato sauce commercial).
Rex

coldpowerScreen.jpg

This is what I get with the current version of OR on my Mac (running two versions of the OS out of date). The second picture is what i get if I export from OR to a .rkt file, then open that in RockSim 9.3 on the same machine.

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 11.11.28 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-26 at 11.14.01 AM.png

I didn't know that. You can open .rkt files in OR, but you don't get the graphics that are included, if they are included (all you see is a "flat" dark blue rocket).

Jim, I understand that, which is why I mentioned it. Rocksim existed long before OR, and Rocksim has not added the capability to open ork files. Rocksim has not added any functionality in years frankly- I use it it, but it is stagnant. I do not use OR as I was somewhat turned off by early versions of it- they were so similar to Rocsim is look and feel as to qualify as plagiarism in my opinion. I also am not a huge fan of java based apps- can be a pain in the arse.

In my OR files thread, I've gotten a report that my .ork files are not including the graphics that I've created them with. This is the first I've ever heard of someone having that trouble.

Would someone open the attached .ork file, and check the 3D view to see if they can see the rocket with the decals? If they could do a screen grab and post it, I'd appreciate it. I'd also love to see what it looks like rendered in RocSim.

Presuming that it's not the file, anybody have an idea on why this one person would be having this trouble?

Thanks!
Jim

I just tried this Marauder File and it works fine.
So I am not sure what the issue is/was.

Back