A refreshingly simple build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Fisher

Reaction score
-Another one of my Hobby Lobby half-off takes. The only changes made were a 12" ripstop nylon chute. The only thing I didn't like about this kit were the centering rings, which were paper thin. I mean these things look like they were stamped out of the front card of the rocket! I guess this is how they kept the cost low? I've built plenty of Quest kits & the quality has always been top notch, but these rings gotta go. When they are so thin that when you glue them to the motor mount they warp badly, this is a problem. Other than this, a great rocket especially for $4.50 at this large size! It was fun to not have to glue on balsa fins, sand & seal & paint!:cool:
-The cub scouts would love this "big" rocket for a big launch, & they could easily handle the build.;)

i bought one of those the other day for $2.50 at hobby lobby. Ive not built it yet cause i bought so many kits but agreed with what ya said its gonna need some modifications.. Maybe a 24mm mmt :D

Man, I thought I got it for a good price.:rolleyes:
-This would be a cool rocket for a 24mm mod, it's quite sturdy. It would probably even do alright on a big streamer. I would epoxy your kevlar under the nose cone shoulder at the top of the body tube since the b.t. is quite long. This will give you a much longer attachment reducing the chance of an Estes dent. (or would that be a Quest dent) I think this rocket actually looks good w/o paint & the stickers.:)

.. I keep forgetting..It's not a fun rocket untill you shove a bigger motor in it ,,would a 29mm fit ?:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back