A Potentially Sticky Situation

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhbarr

Amateur Professional
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Had a chat with the EH&S group about having some of my rocketry adhesive MSDS added to the GHS system, AKA I could potentially build in the workshop at the office.

Clearly I'm not going to abuse the privilege by having them do all of that approval work for every kind of adhesive out there.

Definitely two kinds of TB for L/MPR. But if you could only have 3-5 adhesives in your arsenal, to what would you narrow it down?

Wood Glue, thin CA, 5 min epoxy BSI is fine, and laminating epoxy - US Composites. Maybe JB Weld.

Thin, medium and thick CA (plus accelerator,) Titbond III and a high temperature epoxy.

Will you be painting there?

MSDS not needed if you only keep small quantities on hand, for example liquid paper, glue sticks, Elmers white glue......etc.

MSDS not needed if you only keep small quantities on hand, for example liquid paper, glue sticks, Elmers white glue......etc.
That's gonna' vary greatly by who one works for. In my case, since I have people reporting to me, I need to be 100% in the clear on this.

I'll either have an entry in the log approving the material, or a paper trail saying I don't need it.

Back