A possible new subject vehicle for scale modeling?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powderburner

Reaction score
If you have not been following the Ares development/redevelopment fiasco, they are about to perform an actual launch of "Little Joe 19" (actually, called MLAS)

https://onorbit.com/node/1105

This looks like a just about perfect-for-model-rocketry design, complete with tons of fins and that Fat-Boy mystique. And when they actually test it, this design will move out of future-scale and into the category of scale.

Look at the pix toward the bottom of the article attached; there is enough outer surface detail on this thing to make even the most hardened Saturn V fan happy.

(I suppose the desert high-power guys will want to build a 1.0-sized model)

You are just about 2 days short on this.

I made some prototype parts for this thing a year ago and Gus and I are going to the launch this Monday.:p

That thing looks ridiculous....

Haven't you heard? Ugly is beautiful!

Sandman,

Nice job....so far. You need to update the paint pattern, and you don't have nearly enough doodads and widgets taped onto the outside.

Got any ideas where you could get "scale" orange duct tape?

Haven't you heard? Ugly is beautiful!

Sandman,

Nice job....so far. You need to update the paint pattern, and you don't have nearly enough doodads and widgets taped onto the outside.

Got any ideas where you could get "scale" orange duct tape?

Not my model, I just made the parts. One of the guys at NASA Langley built it.

I think it's cool looking, it definitely has a functional look to it. I'm sure someone will kit it.

Back