A Poor Deuce's Wild Build Thread...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rokitflite

Reaction score
OK, here is the "poor" part.

Here is the Deuce's Wild... I built it... End of build thread.

After making the mistake of admitting that I never saw a Deuce fly on a public forum, one arrived at my doorstep 3 days later. The note inside basically said something to the effect of "build it, fly it or die dummy". I have so many rocket projects backed up and Kjohnson had already sidetracked me severely with the "Pirate's Booty" build in the Mid-Power section, that I did not want another rocket to build. It sat there taunting me like that stack of cash with eyes in the Geico commercial for several days. STILL not having the desire to build anything I finally said "ahh what the heck, I'll at least look at the directions" because... Oh crap... I have never built a Fliskits rocket before.

Once I opened the PERFECTLY illustrated instructions, I saw the engine mount assembly steps... It looked kinda cool. I said "I'll just build the engine mount for now". So I took it to work with me... That evening the whole model was done.:rolleyes: It was easy, fast and fun:D.

So now, here it is, ready for epoxy fillets and finishing... Now I gotta come up with a theme for it since there is so much decal room on the fins!

I tried 3 times to get a picture without the boss in it but I gave up...

Deuce n Tutti.jpg

OK, here is the "poor" part.

Here is the Deuce's Wild... I built it... End of build thread.

After making the mistake of admitting that I never saw a Deuce fly on a public forum, one arrived at my doorstep 3 days later.

Probably a mistake for me to admit this, too, but I've never seen an Odyssey fly on a public forum ...

It looks great scott :) The recovery crew looks eager as well :)
Cheers
Fred

We've got us another one, Martha.... :D

What we need now is a "Deuce Appreciation Society" or is that what the "Deuce-a-holics" is... ? LOL

... Oh crap....

Every Flis kit that I have seen has been a high-quality piece of merchandise. And, with a teeny bit of "insider" insight into the workings of the FlisKits empire, I can say that these guys really care about every aspect of the kit, including everything in and on the bag. Your next FlisKits purchase will be another excellent product!

And I've never seen a Rhino fly....

this is one on my list but theirs others i need to take care of first. I have seen the vids so it know i want one. :D

Welcome to the Deuce club,

My name's Michael and I have 2. I'll let you do the theme I haven't got around to figuring out how to paint on mine. the body tube looks like a table of spilled playing cards with a 2 of rockets on each fin.

The other deuce is kit bashed in to a pirate ship

For those interested, here's the decal i came up with for the Deuce. I use this artwork as the Deuce Range Box sticker.

What we need now is a "Deuce Appreciation Society" or is that what the "Deuce-a-holics" is... ? LOL

Hi, my name is Jeff, and I'm a Deuce-a-holic with 3 of them.

Best of luck with yours, Rokitflite!

Welp, I just finished all of the epoxy fillets while at the NARHAMS monthly meeting. I will start hitting it with Plastikote spot filler and primer next... Possibly a coat tonight:D.

It looks great scott :) The recovery crew looks eager as well :)
Cheers
Fred

Yeah, you never know when Jim is going to run one of those "Free Recovery Crew with Every Purchase" Specials.

Have fun with your Deuce, Rokitflite. :)

Fliskat.jpg

Yeah, you never know when Jim is going to run one of those "Free Recovery Crew with Every Purchase" Specials.

Have fun with your Deuce, Rokitflite. :)

Jim ought to know by now that monkeys navigate trees better than cats. I'm holding out until he throws in a Capuchin.

Got the Deuce primered today. Jim! There is WAY too much balsa on this thing:eek:. Sorry the boss could not make this photo shoot... She was asleep.

Deuce n Primer.jpg

I've never seen a Deuce fly (on a public forum or anywhere else!). I've never seen a Nantucket Sound fly either.
:rolleyes: :eek:

That is a joke, btw! I'll be purchasing a Nantucket Sound kit some time soon.

I haven't seen a Fliskit fly (except my Deuce....twice) at all.

Maybe that can change with the generous help of someone here.;) Haha just kidding. I have a few kits from Fliskits in my pile right now. Looking forward to building and flying them. I love the Deuce.

Amateurs, all of you.

I started with a Tres. BWAHAHAHAHA!

(Good build, Scott...)

I think you moochers might be a little off base in terms of who sent me the kit:D

Amateurs, all of you.

I started with a Tres. BWAHAHAHAHA!

(Good build, Scott...)

Thanks Dave:D

Well, I just finished sanding and priming the 6 city blocks of balsa area (love ya Jim). And since the only finishing suggestion I got was from Kevin 'Anubis' Johnson, I will go with an Egyptian theme... And yes Kevin, I'll put your buddy on it somewhere:rolleyes:

I got up this morning to discover the 65 degree tempratures of the last week were gone, but I took a chance with the 45 degree weather and put the first layer of paint on the Deuce. Here it is covered in old formula Krylon "Dover White". I was hoping for a more sand like color, but this will do...

Deuce n Paint1.jpg

I spent all morning searching the internet for good pictures to use on my decal sheet... I got some good stuff:D!

After I finished printing out the decals, I gave it its second color, Tamiya gloss black. After dinner I will start applying some decals.

Deuce n Paint2.jpg

OK, so I could not wait til after dinner...

So, it still needs clear coat, but here it is... The "Pharaoh's Wild"!

*And yes, the little Egyptian guy on the fin IS holding a Deuce:D*

*Oh, and there's your buddy Kevin ;)*

decals 1.jpg

decals 2.jpg

decals 3.jpg

decals 4.jpg

decals 5.jpg

Last edited:
It's PERFECT! Nice job!!!!
:D

Thanks Jeff & Fred...

I had no choice. If I was going to build perhaps the most famous non-Estes/Centuri rocket on the planet I figured I had to do it right:D

I hope Jim likes it:eek:;)

Back