A new Tripoli in Quebec

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Area66

Reaction score
I’m please to announce that we have now an active Tripoli club in Quebec “Tripoli-Rawdon” Our field is located at only 45 minutes from Montréal, we are working to have our first High Power launch in November.
I have to say a very special thanks to Tripoli especially, Deb, Bruce and Pat for all the great help you give to me. I want to express also my thanks to the Bill from Ottawa Tripoli for his help .

I’m please to announce that we have now an active Tripoli club in Quebec “Tripoli-Rawdon” Our field is located at only 45 minutes from Montréal, we are working to have our first High Power launch in November.
I have to say a very special thanks to Tripoli especially, Deb, Bruce and Pat for all the great help you give to me. I want to express also my thanks to the Bill from Ottawa Tripoli for his help .

Congrats on the new Prefecture. We are also a new Prefecture #144, hosting our first launch in a week.

Not ideal conditions, but it was a great start for the new club last Sunday. And not one rocket lost!
Looking forward to future launches here.

Dario
TRA 13602 - L1

...... And not one rocket lost!

Alltrue the wind was below 10km at ground level, over 1000 feet it was like crazy , my rocket reach 3000 and drag 3000 feet on a drogue :y:

I will post few pics later.

Cool. I have family in the Montreal area, so I may be able to attend one of your launches! Members of CAR can fly there right?

We gone have a new field in 2014, twice the size, 2km x 2km and if we add the old one it's make 2km x 3km

new-field.gif

Great news Gerard. Hope we get a really nice day in the spring to us the new expanded range.
Merci.

Spring will not be as cold as last time and the field will be dry and still too early for mosquito, the perfect time, I'm waiting the availability of Bill to post the date

Congratulations on your new prefecture! Your field looks great. What altitude did you get from Transport Canada?

Congratulations on your new prefecture! Your field looks great. What altitude did you get from Transport Canada?

I asked only for 4000 feet since it was the first time, but on the 1km field we can go 6,000 and on the 2km 10,000 as the controlled zone for airplane landing or take off at Montreal airports is 12,000 feet and up. We do have to collaborate with the flight control center, if an IRF plane as to pass lower, they call me on my cell phone and we suspend the launch the time the plane pass. I found Transport Canada very cooperative. Frankly on the small field I don’t want higher than 3000 feet as we have a high volume and speed road not that far. The new field will be a different story. On the new field we gone go for a 6,000 feet the first time and see how it go for the next one. Or we can ask for 10 k and limited the flight over 6k to dual deployement., I'm very open to options.

Last edited:
Something big will change forever Rawdon on May 3-4 2014

Wile-Ea_zpsa5f124d3.jpg

A CTI vs. AT showdown? Awright!!:wink:

But seriously, any hints Gerard?

It's our spring High Power launch. We still have to make a logo and find an official name, make our website bilingual, but for sure we want to host national events twice a year at spring and fall. The new 2x3 km field will give us a 10k waiver and I'm working on even a larger one with a 12K waiver (probably fall 2014) as for CTI vs AT, I will have both available as group buy, you pay to the vendors online and it will be ship for free at the launch site.

Is May 3-4 confirmed as your spring launch weekend? We should get confirmation soon for the 2014 Ottawa launch dates.

Is May 3-4 confirmed as your spring launch weekend? We should get confirmation soon for the 2014 Ottawa launch dates.

The date was gived to me by Bill and Glen , I also have the week-end after in backup in case.

I say Go Canada. I live in Youngstown NY over the river and through the woods. I spent many nights up in Canada on a trap line as a young boy. BAR now living the dream its all good we are all one. don't forget it we are on the same team. Larry W

The launch is a Go, we have all the authorizations

It will be $ 20 for everyone if register before the 15th of April and $ 40 if paid onsite. It will be free for kid under 18 who want to launch Low Power.

contact me [email protected] for register

If someone want to camp on site Friday night info me so I will be able to go prepare things on Friday and it will give me the chance to leave stuff on site ( ramps , tables .....)

Is this prefecture still active? The website links are broken.

I would like to know if there are any members interested in mentoring McGill University for their Spaceport America Cup team.

Is this prefecture still active? The website links are broken.

I would like to know if there are any members interested in mentoring McGill University for their Spaceport America Cup team.
Rocketberger.. I'm in Pointe Claire.. Would love to help McGill; PM me!

I should add, that I fly out of VT. The field is closer (despite & including the border crossing), has a higher waiver, and flies every month (when not in covid lock-down!) I have helped & witnessed a few US teams who have come up for their 'shake-down' flights..)

Back