A new thought for rocket kits!!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite 24mm reload?

• The D9w

• The D15t

• The E11j

• The E18w

• The E28t

• The F12j

• The F24w

• The F39t

• I don't fly 24mm reloads

• The D9w

• The D15t

• The E11j

• The E18w

• The E28t

• The F12j

• The F24w

• The F39t

• I don't fly 24mm reloads

Results are only viewable after voting.

rocket trike

Reaction score
I was down at the Strugis motor cyle rally today and Seen OCC (orange county choppers) My daughter got Vinnie's and Mikey"s autographs. But back the rocket part of this. Seeing their Choppers I came up with a thought. It is doing a theme rocket kits. I am going back Sat to see Paul sr and Jr to see if I can use some of their pictures. If so my first theme rocket will be a OCC rocket. I will be making special fins and decals to make it the theme rocket. Of course there will be some major flames with a 3 24mm cluster. This is my question will any of you be interested in a theme rockets.

I have more in my mind and also thinking I would do theme rockets for indivauls where I would design and make a kit for their theme.

Please let me know any and all thought you have on this.

Thank You
Tom

Well...I voted no but after I thought about it, I am going to say yes I would now. Sounds pretty cool. Especially since our club was just discussing last launch about having all the club launches "themed" so I would be interested depending on the theme.

I think it's a great idea!
I already have plans to build a scratch West Coast Choppers themed rocket. OCC would be my next choice.
Only reason I chose to do West Coast first is that I saw Jesse James light up a rocket motor on an episode of Monster Garage, so he is obviously somewhat familiar with model rockets.

Tim

OCC themed rockets

idea 1, a large rocket with handlebar moustache

idea 2, 2 rockets that argue alot, a third rocket that can't fly could be added for Mikey

idea 3, a rocket made from a size 12 boot

:D

Chopper theme rockets sound rather interesting..... but being a crotch-rocket kind of guy, I'd probably have to scratch one out with a corporate-looking Suzuki GSX-R livery. (Blue, white and day-glo red). Good lord, as if I needed to give myself another idea for a rocket! *running off to the drawing board* :p

When you think about it... most of the 'classic' 1970's rockets were theme rockets.

For example: Red Max.

Take away the goofy german-esque decals, and you have a pretty clunky 3fnc.

Same goes for the Citation Patriot.

The BEST classic designs (IMHO) are a combo of an interesting physical design, plus great themed decals.

ESTES Interceptor or the Mars Lander come to mind. As well as the Centuri Super kits.

That being said, there are a LOT of great rockets that depend almost solely on the decal/color theme. There is nothing wrong with this. However, the theme has to be a good one. Otherwise, you end up with a boring rocket with stupid decals.... like most of the crap that ESTES turned out by the truckload (with a few exceptions) from the 1990s to the present.

My two bits: Yes, we like theme rockets, but they have to work. It has to be a good theme that work with the design. I have whole notebook of Goonybird themed ideas that I decided were just too weak, or stupid to work.

Phred

Originally posted by SecretSquirrel
OCC themed rockets

idea 1, a large rocket with handlebar moustache

idea 2, 2 rockets that argue alot, a third rocket that can't fly could be added for Mikey

idea 3, a rocket made from a size 12 boot

:D

Those aren't ideas ... they are idears. Just ask Paul Sr.... And speaking of him, "Get over here & turn around so I can hit you in the back of the head!" hahaha j/k :p That man is a quote machine.

BTW, I met Paul Sr. & Jr. in Daytona Beach (grew up in the area) last October during Biketoberfest. Extremely nice guys...nothing like the show at all!

Back