A New Rocket for Christmas?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary7

Reaction score
Just a thought and a question: if you could get any rocket for Christmas (that was within your level of certification) which one would it be?

I can think of two I might want: Apogee Saturn V and/or the Loc 4in V2

I was thinking about this today as a matter of fact. I'd have to go for a Dr. Zooch something or other and maybe a FlisKits Praetor with the booster.

I'd like Santa to bring me an Estes Mercury Atlas or a Roachwerks Nike-Hercules.:present: Ted

Sirius Saturn V
Performance Rocketry Mongoose 75
Giant Leap Nuclear Sledgehammer
Apogee Saturn 1b
Semroc Saturn 1b
Public Missiles Ultimate Endeavor

-Kevin

If Santa doesn't bring me a fliskit Decim8, that'll likely be my first purchase after Christmas (*very* cool looking rocket Jim !)
-Kerry

Santa, please bring me a Giant Leap Talon 6 also.

(I didn't even know I wanted one of these until a minute ago.)

Wildman Drago for me please!!!

Plus a set of ACME rail guides and a 29mm Aeropack motor retainer for it.;)

Oh and some sparkies too!!!:D :D :D

Dagnapit Donald! What have I told you about those evil sparkies! There will be none of those....

As for me, any fiberglass kit would do. I am not terribly picky....

Seems like I am thinking about this subject almost all the time!:roll: I would have 3 main choices and many minor choices..Hmmm, you say within your cert level, ok..Here is what my wish list would look like:
1) Sirius ROcketry 1/64th Saturn V
2) Giant Leap Talon 6(the BIG dream) or reasonably the 4" filament wound fiberglass version would suffice
3) Wildman Eagle Claw 4

Getting it is one thing, getting it BUILT would be something else entirely!:roll:

Last edited:
What have I told you about those evil sparkies! There will be none of those....

Hey Harold...Donald made me do it...

IMG_6064.JPG

PML Endeavour
Gift Certificate to somewhere that I can get the parts to scratch build my 3x upscale Estes Sizzler (not the one that's out now...the one that was my first rocket...starter set from the mid '80s...)

I'd like one each of the new Quest Big Dog, Xcallibur, Mean Green, Grunt and Hi-Q kits along with the D8/E12 & F12 motors to use with these models. :D

If fantasy rockets are in the running, I'd love a DG&A Armaggedon

EXCELLENT CHOICE!!

I'd like one each of the new Quest Big Dog, Xcallibur, Mean Green, Grunt and Hi-Q kits along with the D8/E12 & F12 motors to use with these models. :D

I second that! Now if we can just get Shrox to verify they exist or are in production...

(This is, of course, if I were to celebrate Christmas, but good choices nonetheless.)

Polecat 10" V-2...

Nothing like the First One
in a massive scale...

At close to $400.- it
ain't gonna happen
anytime soon...

Hmm, well, let me think.... As long as it's a 'wish thing' ...
Since I mostly do the paper/cardstock rocket thing, I would want/need the following to be able to build the rocket I want to make...

A new printer! With 4-6 ink cartridges, and able to handle cardstock on a daily basis (Mine 5 years old and seriously wore out. )
An extra set of ink cartridges for said printer! (I go through those quick on a design.)
A comp monitor cable, (to hook my HD-TV to my laptop for use as a monitor, so I could have better resolution and larger image to see what I'm doing better than this little laptop screen!).
Fresh reams of cardstock, both 67, and 110lb type. Hmm, better add a ream of regular paper too. ;)

An asortment of 24mm motors in the E-F class....

Aw what the heck- A new desktop computer with 4gig of ram, minimum. :D

(Add in) OH YEAH! ...and a new NAR membership, and a Saturday ride to the nearest club launch so I get my L-1 to certify the new design! :D

Yeah! YEAH!!! NowThat list would make me very happy! :happydeer:

Last edited:
Hey Harold...Donald made me do it...

IMG_6064.JPG

And look at all that dry grass. Oh, the horror of it all. Have you no shame....
:(

Donald, I see you peeking over there. Don't be looking at that stuff.
:y:

Back