A new clone finished!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pic 3: Rear. I sealed and painted the "radiator" fins before assembling the big body tube,
which I had painted the inside of red, but got some white overspray on.

I'll be putting on some home-made labels in the next couple of days, and she'll make her maiden flight on Saturday. Report to follow....

Later,
EV

It’s no surprise that I disagree with Astronboy, because if it is a clone then it’s a copy of the original rocket down to every part. That includes the panels, I thank the panels are what set the rocket apart from all others that is way I paid $130.00 on ebay for the original kit. And I am not saying this because I am selling the plastic parts for the Scorpion.

I would say it if you built the Centuri F-104 Starfighter without the guns on the bottom of the fins or the Estes Attack Craft Orion with another nose cone. Even the Estes Interceptor without the wing pods for they are the parts that set the rocket apart from all the others. Without the panels it’s not the same kit weather you make your own or decide to buy my clone parts. Like with the Interceptor its just another knock off without the wing pods.

That is way I made the Scorpion plastic parts In the first place was so others could clone the rocket, The profit is not worth the effort, I was only trying to help others to clone the Canaroc rockets. And It seams like no one what’s what I have spent so many hours developing. I also planed on cloning parts for other rear kits like maybe the KB-4 Centuri Sky-Lab plastic parts, and if I can find the original parts for #5343 Centuri NASA Space Shuttle Columbia, among many others.

The Rocket stands are easier to make and do not take long to produce the parts are vary hard to make and take a long time. So if no one wants the parts then there is no reason to keep trying to come up with more parts to clone rockets and stay with the stands at least I like to display my rockets on a Lunar surface.

If you are interested, for now anyway here is my web site on my products.

Http://arley.rocketshoppe.com/

Browsing around I found Ye Old Canaroc Scorpion, found a few pictures and a Canaroc Catalog on the web. I liked its design so much that I decided to do a RockSim file and see if I could replicate it. I did, and...

Unknown to me this thread existed, plus I found that Sunward sorta has a clone (the Galactic Wave). I compared what I did first and I was pretty close, half an inch here and there but close. I downloaded a copy of the original instructions, made the necesary adjustments and came up with the attached RockSim file.

Astronboy made a beautiful clone and EchoVictor turned his Galactic Wave into a beautiful Scorpion. It looks cool with the Sunward NC. Excellent Job Guys!!!

I am putting this RockSim file out there for anyone. The only thing that I change was the location of the launch lug and instead of 6 pylon fins there are two... I added the other four to the bigger fins. I did not add any of the surface details because I was a little lazy.

If this RockSim qualifies as a true file for the Scorpion, I would like to send it to any of the sites that have the plans for it. Who wants it?

I did not like the single Ion Cannon at the bottom of the rocket - too long and simple. I deleted it and replaced it with a Double Ion Cannon of my own design. That long Dowel or plastic tubbing does not cut it for me with this design.

Originally posted by cliveroonie
Noseweight, shnoseweight. I say forget it and just fly the puppy. :D

Clive

Shnoseweight? Betcha Spellcheck choked on that one!:D

Back