A Micromeister Sky Hook scratch build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_20190706_215141.jpg
Hi Everyone

I don't post very often but I thought I would share my first attempt at doing a MMX build from Micromeister's rocket plans.

John was a wonderful member of NARHAMS and I learned allot from him. Of all the things he contributed to the hobby I think the best thing he left us were his Micro Maxx rocket plans. I was impressed with the rocket plans he would downscale and the build a rocket from. This part of the hobby struck me as really interesting. Having built this rocket, I think I will be assembling a fleet of rockets from his plans.

As far as the build goes the instructions are clear and easy to follow. I did make some changes on the engine mount and finding something for recovery. My biggest challenge with this rocket were the fins. I did not have the basswood for the fins. I had to use 1/32 balsa word. Shaping the fins was a challenge for me. Not sure how the balsa fins will hold. I also wish I did a better job painting but I have a nervous condition that makes it hard to paint because my hands shake. Sucks getting old!!!! For recovery I am using a streamer attached to Kevlar thread.

I am hoping I can find someone to help me print the decals for the trim on the rocket. Once I have done that I will post a launch report. My next project will be a MMX Sprint.

Back