A Little BP For Lunch Today

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you actually keep rockets in your cubicle? Where do you work that you are allowed to do that? I think the company I used to work for would have freaked out about rocket motors in my car.

Best thing about BP. Not much time spent setting up. great way to do lunch! Congrats!

Outstanding way to spend our lunch hour:
I used to keep a box of motors in my office and new or experimental models in the van. Lunch time was just long enough to get one or two flights off and recovered. Once I went with mostly Micro Maxx that made it even easier LOL!

Great looking launch field, Mine became a Walmart distribution center warehouse a few years back:(

I do envy your ability to go launch during your lunch hour, but I actually build models at my desk! I don't get to leave my desk for lunch normally, unless it's just long enough to run up the street to grab a gut bomb. I'll live with it though, as I work a week on, week off schedule, and I REALLY like the week off part of it. :wink:

The rockets I keep in my cube are most of my small ones that fit neatly and inconspicuously in a moderate sized shoe box, though I have had some on prominent display atop file cabinets or shelves. These have led to some positive comments from co-workers and has even led a couple of them toward an interest in rocketry. I work at an electrical engineering R&D facility, so the work environment is pretty much populated by tech. geeks like myself. Having a few model rockets sitting around is just a normal part of the environment.
I am also extremely lucky to be within a very short hop of a superb flying field, so stepping out for a lunch launch is not difficult at all. My hour lunch break is adequate time to drive back and forth to the field and get three or four flights up.

Back