A Little BP For Lunch Today

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Zeus-cat

Reaction score
Do you actually keep rockets in your cubicle? Where do you work that you are allowed to do that? I think the company I used to work for would have freaked out about rocket motors in my car.

jeff_j_black

Reaction score
Best thing about BP. Not much time spent setting up. great way to do lunch! Congrats!

Micromeister

Micro Craftman/ClusterNut
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Outstanding way to spend our lunch hour:
I used to keep a box of motors in my office and new or experimental models in the van. Lunch time was just long enough to get one or two flights off and recovered. Once I went with mostly Micro Maxx that made it even easier LOL!

Great looking launch field, Mine became a Walmart distribution center warehouse a few years back:(

TangoJuliet

Reaction score
I do envy your ability to go launch during your lunch hour, but I actually build models at my desk! I don't get to leave my desk for lunch normally, unless it's just long enough to run up the street to grab a gut bomb. I'll live with it though, as I work a week on, week off schedule, and I REALLY like the week off part of it. :wink:

milehigh

Reaction score
The rockets I keep in my cube are most of my small ones that fit neatly and inconspicuously in a moderate sized shoe box, though I have had some on prominent display atop file cabinets or shelves. These have led to some positive comments from co-workers and has even led a couple of them toward an interest in rocketry. I work at an electrical engineering R&D facility, so the work environment is pretty much populated by tech. geeks like myself. Having a few model rockets sitting around is just a normal part of the environment.
I am also extremely lucky to be within a very short hop of a superb flying field, so stepping out for a lunch launch is not difficult at all. My hour lunch break is adequate time to drive back and forth to the field and get three or four flights up.