A joke worth sharing...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He needs a hobby. Maybe rocketry could cheer him up.

Sometimes The Onion can be very on the mark. The morning after the US presidential election of 2008 their banner headline was "Black man given worst job in the world".

the other day I was stopped in traffic and I noticed a bumper sticker on the lower driver's side rear window. It said: " I don't mind you riding my ass, but at least pull my hair when you do it". The driver of the car was a woman. I thought to myself, I can do that. 😅😂🤣

My daughter's boyfriend has a vintage Toyota truck that he loves and yet requires a decent amount of work to keep running. We have family visiting, and towards the end of a discussion of cars...

Daughter: "I know he loves the truck more than me, and I'm OK with that."
My wife: "Yeah, but he hasn't had to rebuild your rear end."

Saw this on Facebook but I can't find the post now so I'll paraphrase.

Bill and Jane were an elderly couple who would visit the state fair every year.
And every year there would be a stunt plane and pilot at the edge of the field offering rides to the public.
Every time Bill would see the plane he'd say "Boy, I sure would like to take a ride on that plane"
And Jane would say "Fifty dollars is fifty dollars".
And that would end the discussion.
One year Bill said "Jane, I'm 85 years old. Dang it, if I don't take a ride on that plane this year I probably never will".
And as usual. Jane replied "Fifty dollars is fifty dollars".
The pilot overheard their conversation and said"Folks. I'll make you a deal. I'll take both of you up for free, but if either one of you makes a sound during the flight the deal is off and the price is $50".
Bill and Jane looked at each other and nodded in agreement.
The plane took off and the pilot did everything he could to make them scream. Barrel rolls, inverted loops, tight G turns.
To no avail. the couple didn't utter a peep.
Upon landing the pilot said "Gee, I gotta hand it to you folks. Y'all didn't make a sound. I'm impressed".
To which Bill replied "I gotta admit, it was close. I almost said something when Jane fell out. But.....
Fifty dollars is fifty dollars"
😄

An old lady is speeding down a highway, when she spots a police officer with a speed gun.

The officer signals for her to pull over, and then walks over and asks her with a smile:

“What’s the rush?”

“I’m late for work.”

“Sure,” says the officer, “What do you do?”

“I’m a rectal distender.”

“A what? A rectal distender? And what is that, exactly?”

“Well, you see, I start by putting a finger in, then another, then I work up to three fingers, four fingers, until the whole hand is in. I work from side to side until I can get both hands in, and then slowly but surely I extend the rectum, until it’s about 6 feet wide.”

“And what the hell do you do with a 6 feet rectum?”

“Give him a speed gun and put him by the side of the road.”

An old lady is speeding down a highway, when she spots a police officer with a speed gun.

The officer signals for her to pull over, and then walks over and asks her with a smile:

“What’s the rush?”

“I’m late for work.”

“Sure,” says the officer, “What do you do?”

“I’m a rectal distender.”

“A what? A rectal distender? And what is that, exactly?”

“Well, you see, I start by putting a finger in, then another, then I work up to three fingers, four fingers, until the whole hand is in. I work from side to side until I can get both hands in, and then slowly but surely I extend the rectum, until it’s about 6 feet wide.”

“And what the hell do you do with a 6 feet rectum?”

“Give him a speed gun and put him by the side of the road.”
I wonder how much the ticket cost her

1688215541344.png
WARNING FOR ALL MALES FROM FB
Last weekend I saw something at The Gun Show that sparked my interest. I was looking for a little something different for my wife Dana. What I came across was a 100,000-volt, pocket/purse-sized Tazer.
The effects of the Tazer were supposed to be short lived, with no long term adverse affect on your assailant, allowing her adequate time to retreat to safety...??
WAY TOO COOL! Long story short, I bought the device and brought it home.. I loaded two AAA batteries in the darn thing and pushed the button. Nothing! I was disappointed I learned, however, that if I pushed the button and pressed it against a metal surface at the same time, I'd get the blue arc of electricity darting back and forth between the prongs.
AWESOME!!! Unfortunately, I have yet to explain to Dana what that burn spot is on the face of her microwave.
Okay, so I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that it couldn't be all that bad with only two AAA batteries, right?
There I sat in my recliner, my cat Leo looking on intently (trusting little soul) while I was reading the directions and thinking that I really needed to try this thing out on a flesh & blood moving target.
I must admit I thought about zapping Leo (for a fraction of a second) and then thought better of it. He is such a sweet cat. But, if I was going to give this thing to my wife to protect herself against a mugger, I did want some assurance that it would work as advertised.
Am I wrong?
So, there I sat in a pair of shorts and a singlet with my reading glasses perched delicately on the bridge of my nose, directions in one hand, and Tazer in another.
The directions said that:
a one-second burst would shock and disorient your assailant;
a two-second burst was supposed to cause muscle spasms and a major loss of bodily control; and
a three-second burst would purportedly make your assailant flop on the ground like a fish out of water.
Any burst longer than three seconds would be wasting the batteries.
All the while I'm looking at this little device measuring about 5" long, less than 3/4 inch in circumference (loaded with two itsy, bitsy AAA batteries); pretty cute really, and thinking to myself, 'no possible way!'
What happened next is almost beyond description, but I'll do my best.
I'm sitting there alone, the cat looking on with his head cocked to one side so as to say, 'Don't do it stupid,' reasoning that a one second burst from such a tiny lil ole thing couldn't hurt all that bad.. I decided to give myself a one second burst just for heck of it.
I touched the prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button, and...
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD. WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. WHAT THE... !!!
I'm pretty sure Hulk Hogan ran in through the side door, picked me up in the recliner, then body slammed us both on the carpet, over and over and over again. I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the fetal position, with tears in my eyes, body soaking wet, both nipples on fire, testicles nowhere to be found, with my left arm tucked under my body in the oddest position, and tingling in my legs! The cat was making meowing sounds I had never heard before, clinging to a picture frame hanging above the fireplace, obviously in an attempt to avoid getting slammed by my body flopping all over the living room.
Note:
If you ever feel compelled to 'mug' yourself with a Tazer,
one note of caution:
There is NO such thing as a one second burst when you zap yourself! You will not let go of that thing until it is dislodged from your hand by a violent thrashing about on the floor!
A three second burst would be considered conservative!
A minute or so later (I can't be sure, as time was a relative thing at that point), I collected my wits (what little I had left), sat up and surveyed the landscape.
· My bent reading glasses were on the top of the TV.
· The recliner was upside down and about 8 feet or so from where it originally was.
· My triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still twitching.
· My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain, and my bottom lip weighed 88 lbs.
· I had no control over the drooling.
· Apparently I had crapped in my shorts, but was too numb to know for sure, and my sense of smell was gone.
· I saw a faint smoke cloud above my head, which I believe came from my hair.
I'm still looking for my testicles and I'm offering a significant reward for their safe return!
PS: My wife can't stop laughing about my experience, loved the gift and now regularly threatens me with it!
rotflmao.

View attachment 589581
WARNING FOR ALL MALES FROM FB
Last weekend I saw something at The Gun Show that sparked my interest. I was looking for a little something different for my wife Dana. What I came across was a 100,000-volt, pocket/purse-sized Tazer.
The effects of the Tazer were supposed to be short lived, with no long term adverse affect on your assailant, allowing her adequate time to retreat to safety...??
WAY TOO COOL! Long story short, I bought the device and brought it home.. I loaded two AAA batteries in the darn thing and pushed the button. Nothing! I was disappointed I learned, however, that if I pushed the button and pressed it against a metal surface at the same time, I'd get the blue arc of electricity darting back and forth between the prongs.
AWESOME!!! Unfortunately, I have yet to explain to Dana what that burn spot is on the face of her microwave.
Okay, so I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that it couldn't be all that bad with only two AAA batteries, right?
There I sat in my recliner, my cat Leo looking on intently (trusting little soul) while I was reading the directions and thinking that I really needed to try this thing out on a flesh & blood moving target.
I must admit I thought about zapping Leo (for a fraction of a second) and then thought better of it. He is such a sweet cat. But, if I was going to give this thing to my wife to protect herself against a mugger, I did want some assurance that it would work as advertised.
Am I wrong?
So, there I sat in a pair of shorts and a singlet with my reading glasses perched delicately on the bridge of my nose, directions in one hand, and Tazer in another.
The directions said that:
a one-second burst would shock and disorient your assailant;
a two-second burst was supposed to cause muscle spasms and a major loss of bodily control; and
a three-second burst would purportedly make your assailant flop on the ground like a fish out of water.
Any burst longer than three seconds would be wasting the batteries.
All the while I'm looking at this little device measuring about 5" long, less than 3/4 inch in circumference (loaded with two itsy, bitsy AAA batteries); pretty cute really, and thinking to myself, 'no possible way!'
What happened next is almost beyond description, but I'll do my best.
I'm sitting there alone, the cat looking on with his head cocked to one side so as to say, 'Don't do it stupid,' reasoning that a one second burst from such a tiny lil ole thing couldn't hurt all that bad.. I decided to give myself a one second burst just for heck of it.
I touched the prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button, and...
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD. WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. WHAT THE... !!!
I'm pretty sure Hulk Hogan ran in through the side door, picked me up in the recliner, then body slammed us both on the carpet, over and over and over again. I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the fetal position, with tears in my eyes, body soaking wet, both nipples on fire, testicles nowhere to be found, with my left arm tucked under my body in the oddest position, and tingling in my legs! The cat was making meowing sounds I had never heard before, clinging to a picture frame hanging above the fireplace, obviously in an attempt to avoid getting slammed by my body flopping all over the living room.
Note:
If you ever feel compelled to 'mug' yourself with a Tazer,
one note of caution:
There is NO such thing as a one second burst when you zap yourself! You will not let go of that thing until it is dislodged from your hand by a violent thrashing about on the floor!
A three second burst would be considered conservative!
A minute or so later (I can't be sure, as time was a relative thing at that point), I collected my wits (what little I had left), sat up and surveyed the landscape.
· My bent reading glasses were on the top of the TV.
· The recliner was upside down and about 8 feet or so from where it originally was.
· My triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still twitching.
· My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain, and my bottom lip weighed 88 lbs.
· I had no control over the drooling.
· Apparently I had crapped in my shorts, but was too numb to know for sure, and my sense of smell was gone.
· I saw a faint smoke cloud above my head, which I believe came from my hair.
I'm still looking for my testicles and I'm offering a significant reward for their safe return!
PS: My wife can't stop laughing about my experience, loved the gift and now regularly threatens me with it!
rotflmao.
This one wins!😂

A woman is in the produce aisle at the supermarket, and can't find what she's looking for. A store employee offers to help. "I need a three pound bag of onions," she says.

"I'm sorry, ma'am, we're all out of onions today," he answers.

"Alright, I'll just take one pound."

"No, ma'am, I'm sorry, we don't have any onions."

"Well, just one then; I need it for tonight's dinner."

Exasperated, the clerk asks the woman "Ma'am, what would you get if you took the water out of watermelon?"

She looks puzzled and replies "Melon?"

"That's right!" he says. "And if you take the wall out of walnuts?"

"Nuts?"

"Right! You've really got the hang of this. Now, what if you take the flip out of onions?"

Now she looks annoyed and says "There's no flip in onions!"

"Lady, that's what I've been trying to tell you!"

(Modified for forum rules; it was supposed to be "no f***in' onions, but we compromise when we must.)

Pete and Re-Pete were the last players in a game of sham battle.
Pete got eliminated.
Who's left?
1695437084229.png

(A kid told me this joke in elementary school. I kept saying "Re-Pete" until he got tired and walked away).
😄

A couple were in a busy shopping center just before Christmas.

The wife suddenly noticed that her husband was missing and as they had a lot to do, so she called him on the mobile.

The wife said, ” Where are you, you know we have lots to do?!”

He said, “You remember the jewelers we went into about 10 years ago, and you fell in love with that diamond necklace? I could not afford it at the time and I said that one day I would get it for you?”

Little tears started to flow down her cheek and she got all choked up.

“Yes, I do remember that shop….” she replied.

“Well I am in the bar next to that.”
Well, I still can't afford it...

A Texas rancher was talking to a New England farmer, and decided to impress him with the size of his ranch. "I can get in my truck at dawn, drive all day until sundown, and still not reach the end of my property."

The farmer nodded in sympathy, "yeah, I used to have a truck like that..."

Pete and Re-Pete were the last players in a game of sham battle.
Pete got eliminated.
Who's left?
View attachment 605801

(A kid told me this joke in elementary school. I kept saying "Re-Pete" until he got tired and walked away).
😄
My preferred way to deal with this joke was to pretend I couldn't remember the other guy's name.

Several men are in the locker room of a golf club. A cell phone on a bench rings and a man answers the phone, puts it on speaker, and begins to talk. Everyone else in the room stops to listen.

MAN: “Hello”

WOMAN: “Honey, it’s me. Are you at the club?”

MAN: “Yes.”

WOMAN: “I’m at the mall now and found this beautiful leather coat. It’s only $1,000. Is it OK if I buy it?”

MAN: “Sure, go ahead if you like it that much.”

WOMAN: “I also stopped by the Mercedes dealership and saw the new 2016 models. I saw one I really liked.”

MAN: “How much?”

WOMAN: “$65,000.”

MAN: “OK, but for that price I want it with all the options.”

WOMAN: “Great! Oh, and one more thing. The house we wanted last year is back on the market. They’re asking $950,000.”

MAN: “Well, then go ahead and give them an offer, but just offer $900,000.”

WOMAN: “OK. I’ll see you later! I love you!”

MAN: “Bye, I love you, too.” The man hangs up. The other men in the locker room are looking at him in astonishment.

Then he smiles and asks: “Anyone know whose phone this is?”

Two gas company servicemen, a senior training supervisor, and a young trainee were out checking meters in a suburban neighborhood.

They parked their truck at the end of the alley and worked their way around to the other end.

At the last house, a woman looking out of her kitchen window watched as the two men checked her gas meter.

1697098072715.png

Finishing their meter check, the senior supervisor challenged his younger colleague to a foot race down the alley back the truck to prove that he as an older guy can still outrun the younger man.

As they came running up to the truck, the two men realized the lady from the last house was huffing and puffing right behind them.

They stopped and asked the lady what was wrong, to which she replied gasping for breath:

“When I see two gas men running as hard as you two were, I figured I’d better run too!”

Last edited:
Shortly after a British Airways flight had reached its cruising altitude, the captain announced: “Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your captain. Welcome to Flight 293, non-stop from London Heathrow to New York. The weather ahead is good, so we should have a smooth uneventful flight. So, sit back, relax, and…

OH… MY GOD!”

Silence followed… complete silence!

Some moments later, the captain came back on the intercom.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, I’m sorry if I scared you. While I was talking to you, a flight attendant accidentally spilled coffee in my lap. You should see the front of my trousers!”

From the back of the plane, an Irish passenger yelled…For the luvva Jaysus… you should see the back of mine!”

It seems no one has posted this one, which surprises me a little.

A person is walking along when another person descends in a balloon and calls down:
Balloonist: Hello! Can you help me? Where am I?
The walker: You're in the gondola of a hot air balloon, hovering about 30 feet above a suburban street.
Balloonist: Oh, thanks, but... You must be an engineer.
Walker: Why yes, I am. How did you know?
Balloonist: You've given me an answer that is correct, concise, and totally useless.
Engineer: Hmm, OK, I guess that's fair. You must be a manager.
Balloonist: You're right, I am. But how did you know?
Engineer: You're adrift in mid air, you don't know where you are or where you're going, you're in exactly the same fix that you were a minute ago, only now it's somehow my fault.

A young boy dressed up as a pirate for Halloween and went trick-or-treating. At one house, the person said, "oh, you're a pirate, eh? Where are your buccaneers?"

"They're right here, under my buckin' hat!"

Nope. If she said "I'd love to be six again", and not "size six" or even "a six" then it's her own damn fault.

On the subject of Christmas shopping, there's an old Cathy strip I wish I could find. Cathy and Irving are sitting in a car, arriving at the mall. The whole strip is thought balloons. I don't remember it word for word. It goes something like this.

Cathy: We're here bright and early to start our shopping adventure.
Irving: We can get a great parking spot.
We can browse and think so carefully about the exact perfect gift for each of our friends.
With no crowd we can get from one store to another in no time.
With each gift we choose, we'll gain new insights into each other's thinking.
It'll be the easiest Christmas shopping we've ever done.
What a great day this is going to be.
We can be out of here in 45 minutes.
The last line is exact; that's the one that really stuck with me.
I remember that one too!

Repost from Movie Fanss on FB:
A man boarded an airplane and took his seat. As he settled in, he glanced up and saw the most beautiful woman boarding the plane.
He soon realized She was heading straight towards his seat. As fate would have it, she took the seat right beside his:
Eager to strike up a conversation he blurted out. "Business trip or pleasure?"
She turned, smiled and said. "Business. I’m going to the Annual Nymphomaniacs of America Convention in Boston."
He swallowed hard. Here was the most gorgeous woman he had ever seen Sitting next to him and she was going to a meeting of nymphomaniacs!
Struggling to maintain his composure, he calmly asked. “What’s your Business at this convention?"
“Lecturer." She responded. "I use information that I have learned from my Personal experiences to debunk some of the popular myths about sexuality."
“Really?” He said. “And what kind of myths are there?”
“Well.” She explained. “One popular myth is that African-American men are The most well-endowed of all men, when in fact it is the Native American Indian who is most likely to possess that trait.
Another popular myth is That Frenchmen are the best lovers, when actually it is men of Mexican Descent who are the best. I have also discovered that the lover with Absolutely the best stamina is the Southern Redneck."
Suddenly the woman became a little uncomfortable and blushed..
"I’m Sorry." She said, “I shouldn't really be discussing all of this with you. I don’t even know your name."
"Tonto." The man said. "Tonto Gonzales, but my friends call me Bubba."

I am assuming they are referencing us in NY. Not aware of any other local with both Binghamton and Johnson City together. And there reference to a college, we have SUNY Binghamton.

In terms of based on a real incident, not that I am aware of. I did find it coincidental that the song stated there was 30,000 pounds of pills.
A little further south in Scranton PA was an incident in 1965 that was the basis for Harry Chapin's 30,000 pounds of bananas

I am assuming they are referencing us in NY. Not aware of any other local with both Binghamton and Johnson City together. And there reference to a college, we have SUNY Binghamton.

In terms of based on a real incident, not that I am aware of. I did find it coincidental that the song stated there was 30,000 pounds of pills.
A little further south in Scranton PA was an incident in 1965 that was the basis for Harry Chapin's 30,000 pounds of bananas
My daughter graduated from Binghamton U (the institution formerly known as SUNY Binghamton) and I live about 77 miles west of there as the crow flies.

I know the Harry Chapin song well, and have read the story behind it. Harry made joke out of what was a serious incident, wherein that driver rather heroically kept the truck sufficiently under control that he was the only person killed. The driver's widow was quite upset, and Harry offered her half of whatever he made from the song, but he never paid up. Harry was a great song writer, and rightly known for some impressive philanthropy, but the man was no saint.

(Casey Jones has a very similar story.)

Back